One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Thermostats in all units one bedroom, two bedrooms are right in the middle of the main wall of the living room. Thanks for raising this as in issue Shorty! I saw your post and mentioned it right way during my PDI. I have to note it down on the 30 days warranty form as well. I agree, the units are beautiful but the execution is very sloppy. During my PDI last week the kitchen counter top was missing and one of the doors was completely damaged! That's just couple of many items that I noticed. The construction workers were in and out, so pure chaos. I was so annoyed! Hopefully everything is in order in a few weeks. The walk in closets all have white panels that cannot be removed. It's part of a new system that controls all the fans in the condos.

Hey Ana!

How's life at One Valhalla so far?

WOW! @ the theromstat location and thats dumb! So why offer extra plywood to MOUNT a tv when you place a theromstat in the center of the wall which blocks your ability to do so. I don't know...a lot of sloppines going on with Phase 1. Hopefully they get it together for Phase 2 and 3. I wonder if the MET and ENCORE encountered these issues? Isn't one of the owners of this building from the Met? Can you advise if there was this many issues with the units there?

It's going well! I think they did a way better job on units that are on the lower floors. My unit on the 6th floor is perfect. Nothing major to report. Perhaps they were able to spend a bit more time on those units. Living there is nice. I moved from a small one bedroom unit into a 2 bedroom 2 baths unit and I am loving the extra space! :) As for the building, its very busy during the day on weekdays, workers everywhere but if you are at work at that time it won't affect you. Since you are on the 19th floor you might be annoyed with the elevators. A lot of them are in service, reserved for workers so you might have to wait a while. Since I am on the lower floor I just use the stairs instead. They are not only working on phase I but actively working on phase II as well. Last night I peaked through my window and noticed that they were working on phase II at 9 pm at night! The cranes were moving and everything...I was like, holy cow, this builder really wants to be on schedule! lol

Hey Ana!

WOW! @ the theromstat location and thats dumb! So why offer extra plywood to MOUNT a tv when you place a theromstat in the center of the wall which blocks your ability to do so. I don't know...a lot of sloppines going on with Phase 1. Hopefully they get it together for Phase 2 and 3. I wonder if the MET and ENCORE encountered these issues? Isn't one of the owners of this building from the Met? Can you advise if there was this many issues with the units there?

Thermostats in all units one bedroom, two bedrooms are right in the middle of the main wall of the living room. Thanks for raising this as in issue Shorty! I saw your post and mentioned it right way during my PDI. I have to note it down on the 30 days warranty form as well. I agree, the units are beautiful but the execution is very sloppy. During my PDI last week the kitchen counter top was missing and one of the doors was completely damaged! That's just couple of many items that I noticed. The construction workers were in and out, so pure chaos. I was so annoyed! Hopefully everything is in order in a few weeks. The walk in closets all have white panels that cannot be removed. It's part of a new system that controls all the fans in the condos.

Are you serious?? Okay so I'm going to have that issue with the thermostat placement as well. Great to know! You guys are talking about the shorter wall that the bedroom is directly behind right?

Okay, so there is NO issue with them moving it to another location? Where exactly did you guys choose to put your thermostats then? This will be the FIRST thing i take care of during my PDI

Hey Ana!

Hey yeah I live at the Met - and gotta tell you that I have nothing encountered like what I am hearing about Valhalla (foam ceiling tiles, thermostat location, sloppiness...). Here at the Met, walk in closet is actually drywalled at ceiling and thermostat is actually located in bedroom area. I am really pissed off about foamed ceiling tiles, this isn't even a right thing to do in closet. Anyways, when I moved into the Met it was great no deficiencies reported further. I settled nicely and comfortably - just was too much going on in hallways and elevators for months but building got registered after two months the time I moved in. Most likely that is because I am on the higher floor and was in one of the units that had construction elevator exterior.

Are you serious?? Okay so I'm going to have that issue with the thermostat placement as well. Great to know! You guys are talking about the shorter wall that the bedroom is directly behind right?

Okay, so there is NO issue with them moving it to another location? Where exactly did you guys choose to put your thermostats then? This will be the FIRST thing i take care of during my PDI

Hey Rex!

Yes, the short wall in front of the bedroom. I asked them to move it to the side where the light switch is. When I saw my unit the theromostat wasn't in yet. They only had the cut out where it was suppose to be, so I asked Andre (the customer service guy) why it was going to be placed there and he put in a request for it to be moved and added it to my deficiency list.

hey, you got appointment for your colour selection for thunderbird?? (phase 2)... thats early, in my opinion. what floor are you on - and which model you took? the standard packages are rod, gra and other one i dont remember the name. i picked gra and played around with it, swapping from other samples at no extra charge. i upgraded bedroom (including walk-in closet) from carpet to hardwood based on gra sample, so paid approximately $1250 with taxes in. unfortunately, bathroom sink/vanity is standard as it and no upgrades are available for it. i got lucky with gra package by getting quartz countertop which is really nice in my view, and i upgraded with undermount sink, so paid $470 with taxes in for that. prior to choosing gra, i wanted to upgrade to stained gray finish kitchen cabinet along with matching flooring and off white countertop finish (quartz one), it ended up $10900 for everything so forget it, i sticked with gra package and am happy with the choice. for interior doors, ill change from flat panels to five-panel doors, one with glass on walk-in closet, once i move in end of this month. doing yourself saves you a lot of money than getting from builder. hope this helps. ;)

Hi, thank you for your reply! yes it may seem a bit early for colour selection but I am fine with it, they are maybe getting better organized! I was secretly hoping it would be earlier :) i bought unit 3CT,5th floor. So the price for the hardwood floors is for 1 bedroom or 2 bedrooms? we are thinking about upgrading both. What do you mean by matching flooring along with gray kitchen cabinets? is it the standard gra hardwood floor you are referring to? I was thinking about upgrading the kitchen counter to the moon night polished granite, hope the price won't be as steep :) will just have to wait and see, my appointment is next week. In the meantime good luck for your diy project!

Hi, thank you for your reply! yes it may seem a bit early for colour selection but I am fine with it, they are maybe getting better organized! I was secretly hoping it would be earlier :) i bought unit 3CT,5th floor. So the price for the hardwood floors is for 1 bedroom or 2 bedrooms? we are thinking about upgrading both. What do you mean by matching flooring along with gray kitchen cabinets? is it the standard gra hardwood floor you are referring to? I was thinking about upgrading the kitchen counter to the moon night polished granite, hope the price won't be as steep :) will just have to wait and see, my appointment is next week. In the meantime good luck for your diy project!

Sorry I was not specific earlier... I wanted to choose Mystic Grey Laminate throughout all principal rooms (that is includes bedrooms); Rift Oak Graphite Grey (no whites) Kitchen Cabinets, Carnia Quartz Countertop with undermount sink, all ended up being over 10k, so forget it - it was not worth paying that much. I took gra sample, which is walnut laminate, walnut veneer kitchen accents along with cloud white lacquer cabinets, and quartz countertop with undermount sink (upgrade) and as well upgraded flooring in bedroom; all ended up being ~1800 with taxes in. Flooring upgrade is 6 bucks per square footage; undermount sink is 670 from what I checked upgrade list. My unit is One Bedroom plus Den. Thanks for the lucks and wish you a good luck with design info session on November 8th! :)

Hey Rex!

Yes, the short wall in front of the bedroom. I asked them to move it to the side where the light switch is. When I saw my unit the theromostat wasn't in yet. They only had the cut out where it was suppose to be, so I asked Andre (the customer service guy) why it was going to be placed there and he put in a request for it to be moved and added it to my deficiency list.

hey, quick question, shorty or ana... was your unit clean at the time of PDI? no dusts, no shoe prints, etc... and can you tell me about the side wall finishes - are they smooth with no patches seen? what are the most important deficiencies you found in unit? an answer to those will help me to prepare well for PDI, as i heard you did not have much time during PDI as they have tried to get you out as possible.

hey, quick question, shorty or ana... was your unit clean at the time of PDI? no dusts, no shoe prints, etc... and can you tell me about the side wall finishes - are they smooth with no patches seen? what are the most important deficiencies you found in unit? an answer to those will help me to prepare well for PDI, as i heard you did not have much time during PDI as they have tried to get you out as possible.

Hey!

There was dust in the unit, not much but there was shoe prints and i was told that it would be cleaned prior to occupancy on Monday. I had an hour in my PDI and I had a 1 bedroom unit. The deficiencies I found, included an extra cable outlet i paid for, that they dry walled over, scratches on my kitchen island, cracks on my bathroom vanity, carpet in bedroom not trimed, missing thermostat, alarm system, showerhead and crack handle for window in bedroom. Various dents in walls to be filled and my dry wall has to be redone or sanded down as you can see the different panels behind the paint. AND getting my thermostat moved from the center of the wall. As for the side walls..see my part above about the dry wall job being crappy. Im sure that was probably only in my unit..but watch out for it as well.

I had very similar items. In addition, you should check all kitchen cupboard doors. In some units, the cupboards close to the microwave cannot be fully opened. To fix this they replaced the large door knobs to the more around once. It kind of bothers me as the door knobs look mismatched, so I have to bring it up again. I think they have found a solution to this issue for units on the higher floors, by changing the placement of the door knobs. Other than that, you should check all fans, especially the one for dryer and washer. Also, check for scratches on the floor. That’s only covered during your PDI and not in your 30 days warranty. Units are dusty and do require some cleaning.
Hey!

There was dust in the unit, not much but there was shoe prints and i was told that it would be cleaned prior to occupancy on Monday. I had an hour in my PDI and I had a 1 bedroom unit. The deficiencies I found, included an extra cable outlet i paid for, that they dry walled over, scratches on my kitchen island, cracks on my bathroom vanity, carpet in bedroom not trimed, missing thermostat, alarm system, showerhead and crack handle for window in bedroom. Various dents in walls to be filled and my dry wall has to be redone or sanded down as you can see the different panels behind the paint. AND getting my thermostat moved from the center of the wall. As for the side walls..see my part above about the dry wall job being crappy. Im sure that was probably only in my unit..but watch out for it as well.

Hey!

Hey Shorty! thanks for the feedback and insight of your unit! It is really good to know what to expect. Surprise here, I just spoke to Edilcan in regards of foamed ceiling tiles and told them that it is very ridilicious to find in walk-in closets, expressed my concerns in mind on clothes, etc... so they actually said to me that I am the first one who brought up the issue. They asked for my unit number and told me they will look into how much of usage is needed in walk-in closet, and will let me know if they are going to replace it with real drywall. Also, I told Edilcan that I have heard negatives during PDI including thermostat location, in which they stated they will look into it and will move if it was actually in middle to relevant location. I expressed major concerns with them in mind being the Met owner, I expect the same I experienced with the Met - they actually thanked me for the call I made, and said it will be assured on PDI day to be stress free, etc. So we will see if they keep to words. Just wanted to share this with everyone (but do not say you heard from me! lol!)... at least fighting for what you want is getting paid off at end.

I had very similar items. In addition, you should check all kitchen cupboard doors. In some units, the cupboards close to the microwave cannot be fully opened. To fix this they replaced the large door knobs to the more around once. It kind of bothers me as the door knobs look mismatched, so I have to bring it up again. I think they have found a solution to this issue for units on the higher floors, by changing the placement of the door knobs. Other than that, you should check all fans, especially the one for dryer and washer. Also, check for scratches on the floor. That’s only covered during your PDI and not in your 30 days warranty. Units are dusty and do require some cleaning.

Thanks Ana for the helpful info, I will be sure to check every mm's not inches! After reading all posts you guys had PDI prior to this more deficiences heard... I felt so frustrated and ended up calling Edilcan... refer to my previous post just above... I hope they are true to their words or otherwise! :(

Hey Shorty! thanks for the feedback and insight of your unit! It is really good to know what to expect. Surprise here, I just spoke to Edilcan in regards of foamed ceiling tiles and told them that it is very ridilicious to find in walk-in closets, expressed my concerns in mind on clothes, etc... so they actually said to me that I am the first one who brought up the issue. They asked for my unit number and told me they will look into how much of usage is needed in walk-in closet, and will let me know if they are going to replace it with real drywall. Also, I told Edilcan that I have heard negatives during PDI including thermostat location, in which they stated they will look into it and will move if it was actually in middle to relevant location. I expressed major concerns with them in mind being the Met owner, I expect the same I experienced with the Met - they actually thanked me for the call I made, and said it will be assured on PDI day to be stress free, etc. So we will see if they keep to words. Just wanted to share this with everyone (but do not say you heard from me! lol!)... at least fighting for what you want is getting paid off at end.

Thanks for telling them. Hopefully they do something about it and not just tell you they are going to look into it. Please let me know if you get your walk in closet replaced...I really hate the foam ceiling tiles..its an eye sore and makes the quality look absolutely cheap.

Thanks for telling them. Hopefully they do something about it and not just tell you they are going to look into it. Please let me know if you get your walk in closet replaced...I really hate the foam ceiling tiles..its an eye sore and makes the quality look absolutely cheap.

definitely! will share with all of you with the outcome! :) of course, they look totally cheap so that is why i raised concerns with edilcan. i have seen many many walk-in closets complete with drywall inside, and this one valhalla with foam ceiling tiles? gross.

Hey, more question... Since wanna make sure we are all fair and are on same page! How much are you paying the occupancy fee for your unit, and what's your square footage count? And also for closing costs... How much did you pay knowing you are not the first home buyer, including land transfer taxes (both Ontario and Toronto)? Hope these asking is not much as am really curious to know if we are actually close to similarity. I am getting numbers from lawyer soon so would like to know before any surprises!

Back