One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Did you guys have to asign your hst rebate over to the builder in return for money back on closing? When they said money back on closing they didnt say it would come from the rebate.

Nope we didn't. We paid roughly $5000 with our lawyers fees.

Did you guys have to asign your hst rebate over to the builder in return for money back on closing? When they said money back on closing they didnt say it would come from the rebate.

Likewise, I signed over just slightly $19,000 for the HST rebate to the developer.

My lawyer said this was normal. Not a great trade in retrospective; signed over $19,000 to get $15,000 from the developer, they made a cool $4,000 off the transaction for doing nothing at all.

Yeah, all the closing fees added up to something like $5,000, would have been more without that first time home owner credit.

That is the way they get you. You are entitled to this rebate, but they put it in the agreement that you have to give them rights to it. Every school is expensive. Lesson learned. If I knew this I would ask for 20000 back on closing in order to get what is mine.

Anyways, so how is everyone feeling now that we're finally all settled in our new homes?

Anyone submit their 30 day form yet? I did mine over the weekend. The laminate flooring has begun to shift and is no longer flush, quite a few pieces are sticking out.

I had shades installed a few weeks ago, what a difference!

Here's my place all fully furnished.

Attachments

• IMG_2674.JPG
    IMG_2674.JPG
    966.6 KB · Views: 346
I'm honestly happy. We had so much trouble moving in because of the quick turn around on early occupancy our lawyer wasn't able to send our paperwork until the morning of. We spent majority of the day in the lobby of 5 Valhalla hanging out while we waited for the courier to get to the builder's lawyer.

We haven't done our 30 day form yet, we really should as the light in our oven isn't working anymore and I'm not too sure who is supposed to cover that. Otherwise our floors are ok, there are some scratches on the walls we made from moving in (ooops) and everything else is nice. Happy with what we chose. The blinds needed to be set up quickly so we did those the week we moved in, facing west we haven't needed to use our heat yet because it's always 23-24 in our unit with the window fully open and the balcony door open.

Also, Christmas lights are up on the balcony and we are getting our tree next week!

I'll post something when I get home from work, dont really have any recent pictures.

Here we go, some pictures I had laying around on my phone.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 338
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 322
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 331
I'm honestly happy. We had so much trouble moving in because of the quick turn around on early occupancy our lawyer wasn't able to send our paperwork until the morning of. We spent majority of the day in the lobby of 5 Valhalla hanging out while we waited for the courier to get to the builder's lawyer.

We haven't done our 30 day form yet, we really should as the light in our oven isn't working anymore and I'm not too sure who is supposed to cover that. Otherwise our floors are ok, there are some scratches on the walls we made from moving in (ooops) and everything else is nice. Happy with what we chose. The blinds needed to be set up quickly so we did those the week we moved in, facing west we haven't needed to use our heat yet because it's always 23-24 in our unit with the window fully open and the balcony door open.

Also, Christmas lights are up on the balcony and we are getting our tree next week!

I'll post something when I get home from work, dont really have any recent pictures.

Yes, I've noticed the same thing too, although facing south, it's always hovering around 23-24 degrees in the unit, definitely won't need to use any heat this winter if the building is constantly pumping it into our units.

Any luck with finding an additional parking spot? I mean, there's a ton of empty spots but eventually those will be filled with a car at some point.

We are renting a spot across the street at 2 Valhalla just due to price, much lower than what anyone in Valhalla was offering. We had two individuals trying to scam us via email transfer money for a spot in 5 Valhalla but I didn't fall for that. People are asking for $200 for a spot in 9 and 5 Valhalla, no thank you!

Yes, I've noticed the same thing too, although facing south, it's always hovering around 23-24 degrees in the unit, definitely won't need to use any heat this winter if the building is constantly pumping it into our units.

Any luck with finding an additional parking spot? I mean, there's a ton of empty spots but eventually those will be filled with a car at some point.

We are renting a spot across the street at 2 Valhalla just due to price, much lower than what anyone in Valhalla was offering. We had two individuals trying to scam us via email transfer money for a spot in 5 Valhalla but I didn't fall for that. People are asking for $200 for a spot in 9 and 5 Valhalla, no thank you!

I'm just worried that once the summer comes in, we will die from the heat. Hoping that having the black out blinds in our bed room will make that a little easier to manage.

Unfortunately no luck with parking on our end. How did you get the parking spot at 2 Valhalla inn rd? I tried contacting the building right east of us and they said they don't rent to non-owners. And honestly, I think we would even be willing to pay 200 for the parking spots because we haven't heard anyone get back to us. Pass on those contacts!

Thank you! You too. I like your spunky lights!

I'm just worried that once the summer comes in, we will die from the heat. Hoping that having the black out blinds in our bed room will make that a little easier to manage.

Unfortunately no luck with parking on our end. How did you get the parking spot at 2 Valhalla inn rd? I tried contacting the building right east of us and they said they don't rent to non-owners. And honestly, I think we would even be willing to pay 200 for the parking spots because we haven't heard anyone get back to us. Pass on those contacts!

Thank you! You too. I like your spunky lights!

When I first moved in, second week in October, we had that slight heatwave and I can tell you it was pretty comfortable. Had the AC on for a quick blast of air and it was maintaining 18-19 degrees without the thermostat being on.

Thank you! I got the lights from Lowes, they were on clearance, installed them myself, really straight forward.

When I first moved in, second week in October, we had that slight heatwave and I can tell you it was pretty comfortable. Had the AC on for a quick blast of air and it was maintaining 18-19 degrees without the thermostat being on.

Thank you! I got the lights from Lowes, they were on clearance, installed them myself, really straight forward.

I'm just worried our AC will have to be constantly on. I mean our plants will love the natural light haha...

No problem! That's great, we just had a little trouble with the difference in ceiling "materials". In one place it was all dry wall and then suddenly above our table it was concrete. Same problem was with the blinds, it was difficult to guess what it was underneath.

I'm just worried our AC will have to be constantly on. I mean our plants will love the natural light haha...

No problem! That's great, we just had a little trouble with the difference in ceiling "materials". In one place it was all dry wall and then suddenly above our table it was concrete. Same problem was with the blinds, it was difficult to guess what it was underneath.

Who knows what cheapo materials they use when they build these things. Speaking of cheapo things, anyone here been stuck on elevator #2? It's the biggest piece of crap. It lost power at one point and the door stayed half opened at the 2nd floor only to start moving and shot up straight to the 29th floor, missing my requested floor and everyone else's floor. Another incident was getting on it at ground, the door closed, it would open again and close and open and it wouldn't move from ground, oh and these all happened to me last week.

I've begun using the stairs from the ground level parking garage to get to my unit, how embarrassing these elevators are!

Who knows what cheapo materials they use when they build these things. Speaking of cheapo things, anyone here been stuck on elevator #2? It's the biggest piece of crap. It lost power at one point and the door stayed half opened at the 2nd floor only to start moving and shot up straight to the 29th floor, missing my requested floor and everyone else's floor. Another incident was getting on it at ground, the door closed, it would open again and close and open and it wouldn't move from ground, oh and these all happened to me last week.

I've begun using the stairs from the ground level parking garage to get to my unit, how embarrassing these elevators are!

Eeik I probably would have freaked if that happened to me. Honestly I haven't had anything strange happen with the elevators but have spoken with the cleaners before, they're saying that multiple requests have been put in for that elevator to be fixes. I dont think I could go up 26 flights of stairs (from P2 to 24) without my legs falling off. I'd sooner take the possibility of a near death experience in an elevator...

The only thing that pisses me off is the cruddy locks on the doors. It takes about 2-3 tries to get them to lock. Slowly they're being worked in but this is silly to still have problems after 3-4 weeks.

Glad to know the move ins went relatively smoothly! I have a question about the heat/cooling - my unit is steady at 22.5 so I have the system shut off, but the "fresh air" (that's what edilcan called it when I emailed) blowing from the vent is so cold, so much so that it's uncomfortable in the evening to sit in the living space. Any one else have this experience?

Eeik I probably would have freaked if that happened to me. Honestly I haven't had anything strange happen with the elevators but have spoken with the cleaners before, they're saying that multiple requests have been put in for that elevator to be fixes. I dont think I could go up 26 flights of stairs (from P2 to 24) without my legs falling off. I'd sooner take the possibility of a near death experience in an elevator...

The only thing that pisses me off is the cruddy locks on the doors. It takes about 2-3 tries to get them to lock. Slowly they're being worked in but this is silly to still have problems after 3-4 weeks.

Yes, I also had that issue with the door lock, it's working smoothly for the past week or so now.

Glad to know the move ins went relatively smoothly! I have a question about the heat/cooling - my unit is steady at 22.5 so I have the system shut off, but the "fresh air" (that's what edilcan called it when I emailed) blowing from the vent is so cold, so much so that it's uncomfortable in the evening to sit in the living space. Any one else have this experience?

My unit seems to be continuously at or around the same temperature but I definitely don't have cold air blowing out from the vent, I mean, if I place my hand to the vent it feels cold but it doesn't feel cold from about a foot past it.

Back