566     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 730     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 596     0 

One City Hall Condos (Diamante, 16s, Hariri Pontarini) COMPLETE

C

cassiusa

I took a few pictures of developments on my bikeride to work today. Sorry, as usual, for the poor photography skills.

Mods, feel free to peel any pics you want to use in the official threads.

Edit: Only one City Hall remains. The rest have been moved to their own threads.

One City Hall
IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

Re: Update 20060830 - RoCP, Met, Spire, Metropolis, 1 City H

Nice job, now I know why you came online late today.

Spire,Met,RoCP = Sexy

Ryerson = WTF One ugly building

Thanks for the pictures Cassius!

Great bike ride! Let's hope there continue to be over the next few years lots of new projects along the route for you to photograph.

Great tour Cassius.
Ryerson a bit quirky, but nice infill project. It is kinda growing on me.
Metropolis looking good with a least a partial glass facade and has a looming presence.
RoCP II will shoot up quickly, I am really interested in the deco finishes at ground level.
All projects nice to see, especially for me, where in my town of Orange Park, Florida, the height restriction is three stories, supposedly decided many years ago by our city council because that was the highest that our fire truck ladders could reach. Go figure.
Thanks again for the update.

Spire > Love that illusion that the balconies give when reflecting the sky. They seem like they are just platforms floating in air.

RoCP > Really like the setbacks. Really gives it a classic look but with the base i'm not sure how well that is going to age. Feels a bit cold for some reason. Maybe it will be nicer when all the trees and street is opened up.

Met > Looking great. Loving the round balconies.

1 City Hall > meh. It looks alright. I like the patterned precast but maybe its the balcony depths but it just looks really dark. All that glass should make it feel nice and light but they are just set back too far.

Ryerson > This thing will never grow on me. Hideous. Like the street planters and the canopies over the sidewalk are nice but the rest just looks like garbage. Its 2006 everybody. Not 1984. This looks straight out of 1984.

Ed, thanks for taking the time to post the pictures in the (UT) threads. I'm sure that took some time. However one suggestion. I'm sure I'm not alone when saying sometimes I like to browse a single thread filled with recent construction photos. Sometimes you find things you weren't aware existed or hadn't thought to look for. With that in mind, perhaps in the future when construction updates are posted and once the pictures have been placed in the (UT) threads appropriately, the original thread could maybe be relocated to City Photos. Or perhaps a new Construction Update Photos section or something.

If you're worried that doing that might use up your bandwidth quickly, in cases like mine where I've hosted the images myself that's not something that should really be of concern. Not unless you save the pictures to your hosting space and repost them would you need to worry about the bandwidth.

edit:
One more thing to add. If you would like to have photos in the (UT) threads for historical purposes, you may want to be sure that any images in those threads are hosted on urbantoronto.ca or a place you know will continue to exist for some time to come. Of course you'd want to be sure that's okay with the photographer. As far as my photos, you may use any photos I post.

I’ll second that idea. It makes it a lot easier to see what’s going on in one thread then to search through all the others to find out if any updated photos have been added.

One City Hall.....

Does anyone else wonder why work has slowed to a snail's pace on this project? It's taking forever to see any progress.

I walk by the site every weekend on my way to work and wonder what's the problem.

Does anyone know what the unfinished balconies - the one's with the yellow temporary cons'n balconies - are supposed to look like? Glass or precast?

Also, I recall this being raised before, but any idea why it seems to be taking so long to get this building finishe??

the balcony's will be glass. Apparently there is a delay in materials

I am glad the balconies will be glass.

I am not convinced that it is a materials shortage however delaying the finishing of this project: Diamante always seems to take an inordinate amount of time to finish their projects off. They are still a relatively young company - do they bite off more than they can chew financially?

pre-cast for balconies?!? - c'mon ... when has that happened (not to mention the cranes needed to lift the heavy stuff are long gone)

Bloody taking forever.....

Can you imagine this happening with the planned 50 storey tower?

Back