One Bloor East Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

question, how many floors does a usual highrise occupy per week ?
would 1 floor per week be realistic? or can it be much faster like 3 floors per week?

I hear the 14th floor is occupying in early Jan.
how many weeks out would we expect the 30/50/70th floor to occupy?

Totally depends on the building, how big the floors are, how many units, how far behind they are, etc. I've seen buildings were they did up to 10 floors at once. For developers the quicker they can grant occupancy the better. Once you get occupancy you start paying them so really is in their best interest to get you in as quick as possible.

Does building registration in the Spring, as promised, look realistic? It seems there is so much to do...Do they have to complete the retail part to get registered or just the residential part? I was told that the foyer will be finished tomorrow, the fence is gone arround he door.

Does building registration in the Spring, as promised, look realistic? It seems there is so much to do...Do they have to complete the retail part to get registered or just the residential part? I was told that the foyer will be finished tomorrow, the fence is gone arround he door.

Probably late Spring. Remember, the building doesn't have to be completely finished to be registered. I'm certain it will get registered before the penthouse units close. Just too much to do in such little time.

It appears that there are so many condos for sale right now in this building! Although sales would be expected in a new building, it seems that there are more condos for sale than usual. Is it something about this building that makes people to opt out or it is just the size of the building itself?

It appears that there are so many condos for sale right now in this building! Although sales would be expected in a new building, it seems that there are more condos for sale than usual. Is it something about this building that makes people to opt out or it is just the size of the building itself?

A with most of the new condos in the city, many units were purchased by flippers. Thy are they selling? It's the most rcognizeable address in the city. No surprise that there are many for sale. There's also 70ish floors of units too so you're going to see more for sale than other buildings.

On top of that, I'm not sure how much the changes that came from the government have to do with this.

Lastly, Many bought over 5 years ago. Prices have skyrocketed since then, no surprise people are trying to get paid before having to close (which they may not be able to do).

All these resale units have crazy expensive prices as well...almost every listing I've seen for this building is over $1000/sqft. I wonder if they'll actually sell for that much.

All these resale units have crazy expensive prices as well...almost every listing I've seen for this building is over $1000/sqft. I wonder if they'll actually sell for that much.
I bought in 2010 from the builder at $840 Sq ft. I guess people have to ask $1000 to make a profit...I also heard that 1 Bloor West prices are in the range of a thousand per Sq ft, and this is pre-construction, many years to wait.

$1,000/sq.ft. is extremely optimistic, especially with some of the resales I've seen on the lower floors with not so great views and mediocre standard of finishes. On top of that because these are assignment sales, the buyers will still need to cough up significant closing costs, which includes development charges which may or may not be capped.
Long closings are the most ideal situation for investors as you are only paying 15-20% down, while earning market appreciation over a long period of time. The address/location is also a huge draw too, as it is considered to be in Yorkville with direct subway access to not just one but two subway lines.

Typically all of the sold units needs to be completed and take possession before an application for registration is submitted to the City, and after that it could take months for the condo to be registered. In the meantime expect to see a lot more resales coming up soon as more and more floors are completed, as we are in a very hot seller's market and these investors are anxious to unload.
Though I don't know if there is a big demand for 550 sq.ft. units at $600,000.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is the situation with parking? Could it still be purchased and what is the price? I also have a comment that I am surprised that the finishes in this building are identical to those in x2 considering a substantial difference in prices between the two buildings. For example the carpet in the corridor and the suite doors are identical. The standart grantit on the counter top, the kitchen cupboards...it is all identical. In fact the floor that was standard in x2 (sort of grey-white shade, wide planks) was offered as an upgrade in 1 Bloor. I know it is the same designer but using identical materials...I am not sure.

anyone know anything about what's going on with the penthouse suites? i have heard that they will be released soon, but then some of the articles from years back indicate that they have already been bought and sold?

Are there any guesses as to when ANY amenities will open here? The occupancy started almost a year ago...

Back