News   May 03, 2024
 198     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 936     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 262     0 

Olympic Island Festival

I really enjoyed the day. Got to the Island around 12:45ish and was inside in no time at all. Got some food before the lines were long and then found a nice spot to watch from. The Toronto Revue was good, Timber Timbre almost put me to sleep, Beach House was great, Band of Horses was amazing, and BSS was the peak of the day. BSS never ceases to amaze me, doesn't matter if its an acoustic set for 70 or an all out party for thousands......they always bring it. Shame the equipment seemed to give them problems. We left before the Pavement set because I had to attend a birthday.

I've seen people complaining about beer lines and other crap......but I went for the music and had a great day. Can't wait till next year (maybe it can be a little cooler....thank god for the ice cream truck!).

there have been huge complaints about the lines. Strangely, I wasn't in a line all day. I grabbed ice cream, a cd, a sandwich from caplansky's and fries from the fry truck (which were amazing) and literally spent no time in any of those lines except for the ice cream which took 5 mins. I know there were lines for the beer (which should be expected) but people are talking about hour long waits for the bathroom! Which bathrooms were they going to (?) because I never waited and neither did my girlfriend or our friend and women's bathroom are notoriously worse. None of us had any issues. I've also heard people talk about strict security (even calling them riot police) and too many ads. I didn't see any police or ads all day except some officers on bikes when getting off the ferry on the way home. It's pretty strange to have a completely opposite experience from everyone else.

Back