News   Jul 22, 2024
 308     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 557     0 

November 2020 US Election

The amusing thing here is that provinces have been having elections one after the other, all during COVID, and have managed for it not be a disaster.

There needs to be major changes in 2024 in terms of US General Elections.

If the US is to manage elections in the future they need to eliminate mail in ballots unless there is an absentee or overseas vote to be cast. They need to do what cities here use which is computer scanned ballots. Have someone cast their ballot and scan it through a machine to count it.

Mail in ballots are a problem no matter how you do it. Mail gets lost, ballots take forever to count etc etc.

Regardless of the method, there is needs to be a uniform strategy for voting in the US. There are far too many states with their own rules making elections a nightmare in the US.

Mail-in ballots started with the American Civil War. See link.

Both Canadian federal and provincial elections allow for mail-in ballots. The federal by-elections just past had mail-in ballots.

Maybe in the future, they'll allow internet voting. Maybe starting at the municipal level first.

Apparently Trump is going to send in lawyers to dispute the mail-in ballots after the election in states he does not win.

It's ironic, Trump's mantra is about how this election is rigged yet he is the one rigging it.

Calling it now. He's going to be behind in the Electoral College towards the end of tomorrow night and suddenly arguing for all votes to be counted.

There needs to be major changes in 2024 in terms of US General Elections.

If the US is to manage elections in the future they need to eliminate mail in ballots unless there is an absentee or overseas vote to be cast. They need to do what cities here use which is computer scanned ballots. Have someone cast their ballot and scan it through a machine to count it.

Mail in ballots are a problem no matter how you do it. Mail gets lost, ballots take forever to count etc etc.

This is the perspective of someone who has never lived in the US. There's reason mail in voting is so cherished in the US: the majority of the military votes by mail. By the way, this is equally true in Canada. But our votes are too few and diffuse to make as much of a difference.

Voting by mail has worked fine for over a century until someone decided to politicize the mail system. In the US, they can track their ballot request, and track its return and processing. And if there's a signature mismatch or other irregularity, most states will actually contact the voter to cure the ballot, before Election Day. So no, they don't need to get rid of VBM. They need to tell the politicians who are politicizing this to screw off and to stop disenfranchising serving men and women, students and the elderly.

I'm very anxious about how tight the swing state polls are relative to the national polls.

Real Clear Politics has North Carolina neck-and-neck..

Regardless of the method, there is needs to be a uniform strategy for voting in the US. There are far too many states with their own rules making elections a nightmare in the US.

I agree that there is too much disparity in voting rules in the US. But this is literally ordained by the Constitution. States are responsible for their own elections. The federal government has very little say.

This is the perspective of someone who has never lived in the US. There's reason mail in voting is so cherished in the US: the majority of the military votes by mail. By the way, this is equally true in Canada. But our votes are too few and diffuse to make as much of a difference.

Voting by mail has worked fine for over a century until someone decided to politicize the mail system. In the US, they can track their ballot request, and track its return and processing. And if there's a signature mismatch or other irregularity, most states will actually contact the voter to cure the ballot, before Election Day. So no, they don't need to get rid of VBM. They need to tell the politicians who are politicizing this to screw off and to stop disenfranchising serving men and women, students and the elderly.

I find the blatant attempt to disrupt mail in ballots by messing with USPS to be an incredible low - can you imagine anyone doing that sort of thing openly in any legitimate democracy? This tells me there is nothing too disgusting that they wouldn't try.

AoD

I'm very anxious about how tight the swing state polls are relative to the national polls.

Real Clear Politics has North Carolina neck-and-neck..

By definition a swing state is going to be tighter than national polls and close.

At this point, 100 million have voted. Just have to wait and see if the Republicans can turn out a record number of white non college voters. If they can't, Biden will be President-Elect by midnight.

I am hoping the Democrats take the house and seIf Trump wins and decides to try interfering with the election results, it would be grounds for impeachment.

Election interference can be called going against the constitutional rights of americans to hold free and democratic elections. By interfering with the election results in an attempt to rig a victory Trump would no doubt be in violation of the constitution while also committing high crimes against the United States.
Mail-in ballots started with the American Civil War. See link.

Both Canadian federal and provincial elections allow for mail-in ballots. The federal by-elections just past had mail-in ballots.

Maybe in the future, they'll allow internet voting. Maybe starting at the municipal level first.
I voted online in the last municipal election. Some municipalities were piloting it. It was a very complex sign in / verification process to ensure it was really me.

I voted online in the last municipal election. Some municipalities were piloting it. It was a very complex sign in / verification process to ensure it was really me.

How do I know that "PinkLucy" made this comment and not the cat walking across the keyboard?

tenor.gif

From link.

Attachments

• 1604354588346.png
    1604354588346.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 120
Well today is the day. Here's an election prediction from 538.

Back