News   Apr 24, 2024
 578     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 796     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 536     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I wonder how long it will be before they consider covid pits.
Ford: I heard that Cockburn Island is the only unpopulated municipality in our fair province. It would be a great place to stuff those with COVID-19 in.

Reporter: Uh Mr. Ford, Cockburn Island isn't exactly uninhabited. There's one or two people living there.

Ford: But Statistics Canada says that Cockburn Island is uninhabited and that's that. If there's actually people there, they would get stuffed with those with COVID-19.

The rain of hypocrites continues...............

This time its the CEO of Niagara Health who was off enjoying the Dominican Republic over the holidays.

The article:

From the article:

Dr. Thomas Stewart, the CEO of two major hospitals in Ontario, has resigned from several COVID-19 advisory groups after taking a vacation to the Dominican Republic during the holidays.

He returned from his 19-day vacation on Tuesday, all while COVID-19 cases have been rising in Ontario.

While having resigned from some advisory panels, he remains the CEO of the hospitals in question.

One down...............The hospital CEO who went on a an extended tropical vacation over the holidays has been let go as CEO of Niagara Health.

Now if his other CEO job would do the same...........

Ooops
Twenty-eight Crosslinx employees and subcontracted staff working on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT have tested positive for COVID-19 over the past two weeks.
A spokesperson for Crosslinx- which is overseeing the construction of Toronto’s new rail line- confirmed the cases in a statement to CP24 Thursday morning.

Seventeen of the 28 cases are believed to be community acquired, while 10 were infected at work and one has yet to be determined, Crosslinx said.

Gee, I wonder if some were out Xmas shopping & congregating outside of their immediate family bubble.

Ontario broke some more grim records. 3,519 new cases, and 89 people have lost their lives. :(

And there are so many people online still downplaying this. Record number of deaths, containers of dead bodies, rationing care. Nothing is ever enough for those people. They rationalize all of these things. Every step of the way, every warning from professionals, they mocked.

Vaccinations per day continuing to increase..........

We're getting there.........slowly.

An increase of ~19% from yesterday.

Vaccinations per day continuing to increase..........

We're getting there.........slowly.

An increase of ~19% from yesterday.

Imagine being on your death bed with Covid while seeing thousands of vaccinations taking place daily.

Hard to imagine a more bitter end.

Ontario broke some more grim records. 3,519 new cases, and 89 people have lost their lives. :(

I don't wish to down play this; but I do think its important to note that its the case growth percentage you want to watch closely to decipher a trend.

The increase is new cases is 1.75% which is actually down from yesterday, though still near our high......it most certainly needs to come down (duh) but .....its important to take the numbers in context.

The hospital situation looks fairly stable today; through remains strained at some institutions. (hospital admissions were up by 9, and ICU by 2.)

Imagine being on your death bed with Covid while seeing thousands of vaccinations taking place daily.

Hard to imagine a more bitter end.

That would suck, no way around it.

Though I could probably lists off dozens of equally miserable ways to go.

Which doesn't take away from the misfortune of the currently ill or recently deceased at all.

I don't wish to down play this; but I do think its important to note that its the case growth percentage you want to watch closely to decipher a trend.

The increase is new cases is 1.75% which is actually down from yesterday, though still near our high......it most certainly needs to come down (duh) but .....its important to take the numbers in context.

The hospital situation looks fairly stable today; through remains strained at some institutions. (hospital admissions were up by 9, and ICU by 2.)

Go tell that to the health care professionals.

Back