News   Apr 18, 2024
 294     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 414     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

At a total of 38 gun homicides for 2020, last year was a five year low. In 2019 we had 51 gun homicides.

I suppose that makes sense with Covid19 forcing the closure of nightclubs, late night strip malls, etc. Let’s see if we can keep these Covid-related gains after the pandemic is over.

Offset by COVID-19 deaths by gatherings without masks or social distancing.

Federal government finally tightening international travel rules.

People often use the argument that international travel is responsible for only a few percent of the total case load as an argument against focus on this source; however, like the retail and restaurant business lobby focusing on the low number of outbreaks associated with their operations this is in my opinion dangerous misinformation.

Asides from a possible negligible number of cases associated with contact with surfaces on goods coming into the country, international travel is the origin of ALL the Covid-19 cases in Canada. Our experience around the globe proves that even if you near eliminate community spread domestically international travel is so problematic that it can entirely re-seed a domestic pandemic wave within a few months.

However the reality is that we are never going to completely stop international travel. What we can do is have better controls for those travellers.

Utterly rare I share a faked image going around.........but I must admit this one made me smile.

1609556821457.png

Travelling politicians seem to be coming out from under the furniture; two MLAs in Alberta, one in Sask., one MNA in Quebec and federal NDP MP Niki Ashton. It's their messaging - and they wonder why we don't trust them.

I watched a bunch of folks being interviewed at the airport (didn't note which one) all toddling off to sunny climes. I must be missing something as I hunker down.

I know so many snowbirds who have headed south despite the rising US numbers. I wonder how the need for testing upon returning will impact the decision to travel. Quarantine and an ongoing travel advisory obviously didn’t have an impact for those who felt the need for fun in the sun.

I think it might not withstand a charter challenge. You can force quarantine on return, but I don't think we can deny citizens freedom of movement.

You can deny freedom of movement but that would involve invoking the emergencies act.

Unless every province and territory is showing 10000 cases a day I don't see it being invoked.

Travelling politicians seem to be coming out from under the furniture; two MLAs in Alberta, one in Sask., one MNA in Quebec and federal NDP MP Niki Ashton. It's their messaging - and they wonder why we don't trust them.

I watched a bunch of folks being interviewed at the airport (didn't note which one) all toddling off to sunny climes. I must be missing something as I hunker down.
A coworker drove to Alberta to go skiing in November. This weekend he's at Mt. Tremblant. Everyone's doing it.

#BREAKING: Ontario breaks single-day record with 3,363 new COVID-19 cases today, 95 deaths over past 2 days.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-b...es-today-95-deaths-over-past-2-days-1.5251193

On the other hand, some very good news in this morning's releases:

1609603790878.png

Note the massive drop in hospitalizations, 257; also ICU beds went down as well.

Much needed, as the high growth of a few days ago was potentially a very serious problem.........so a bit of breathing room here.

Back