News   May 03, 2024
 283     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 229     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 125     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

New York City are building a field hospital in Central Park:

Mike Crawley of CBC has perhaps the single most useful report we've yet seen on how Covid is impacting Ontario.

He has the actual, up to date numbers of both confirmed and suspected Covid cases occupying ICU beds, the percentage of capacity in use, and a full regional breakdown.

Consistent with what I've been hearing, the numbers are comparatively low in the City core or 'Toronto :Central' region.

Much higher in 'Central' which is York Region and North York basically.

Worst affected area in the province in terms of % ICU capacity are:

Wellington/Waterloo at 42.2%, Erie/St. Clair (Windsor/Sarnia) at 39.7%, and Central-East which is Durham Region and up into Haliburton/Ptbo at 38.7%

Toronto Central is at 20%

Aside from seemingly understating the ICU caseload by omitting the suspected numbers, the Province appears to be at least 1 day behind in data at its daily briefings.

Not super impressed by that.

For now, at least, there is enough ICU capacity.......but obviously increases in the next couple of days need to be watched closely, and we would be well served to open some extra beds in the harder hit areas, ASAP.

Overall, ICUs are running at 76% of capacity province-wide. Which leaves 500 beds open, for now. Whether those beds are where they are needed, less clear.

Last edited:
This is a nice gesture. If you‘re stuck on a ship, you might as well glam it up as best you can.

I've been Lysoling my exterior door knobs and mail box, plus the light switches near my front door, plus the faucet handles. The faucet handles are important as this is the last place your potentially contaminated hands go, meaning newly washed hands are now potentially recontaminated.

Interesting vid

Austria are making face masks compulsory for entering supermarkets:

This data is 2 days old. But I thought I'd share it so people could see what it looks like. Numbers are up since then.

1585580884773.png

On Twitter, former Deputy Health Minister Bob Bell is calling on the province to make this data public.

(This particular screen grab was posted by a Doctor with access to this information).

1585581026342.png

The Eaton Centre has placed concrete jersey barriers on all of their entrances. I guess with the mall empty, they're protecting against the potential for a car smashing grab and go.

DSC06781.jpeg
DSC06794.jpeg
DSC06795.jpeg

Just talking to a friend who is in Prince Edward County, there the County are sending out emails advising residents where to pick up sand bags! First the plague, then the flood and, as she said, "next the locusts"!

It's sad that that even has to be thought of. Says a lot.

I think Toronto and Canada in general will be alright but in many US cities where serious measures aren't being taken, when infection rates hit the millions and thousands of people start dying every day, there'll be a societal collapse and looting is inevitable. In Canada, we have to worry about the US being our primary source of food imports. I hope that the government is looking into alternative sources when things break down south of the border.

Back