News   Aug 07, 2024
 351     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 350     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 285     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

You wouldn't happen to know if there's a publicly-accessible resource for visualizing the data...for free, I mean. I checked this Tectonix site and it's all paid. I would like to play around and map with this data. Now that I know it's out there for public use. If it's commercially-available I think there's a duty that it's made open at the same time.

Not aware, off hand, of a site for that...........

Though there is more where that came from..................

How coronavirus took just weeks to overwhelm Spain

In 18 days a few hundred cases escalated to more fatalities than China

On Saturday 7 March, 24 hours before hundreds of thousands of people rallied across Spain to mark International Women’s Day, and 9,000 faithful Vox supporters arrived in Madrid for a far-right jamboree, authorities in the northern region of La Rioja were taking some difficult decisions.

That weekend, not quite three weeks ago, Spain had confirmed just 430 coronavirus cases. After 60 of those were traced to a funeral in the neighbouring Basque country, La Rioja’s regional government ordered the quarantining of entire blocks of a neighbourhood in the small town of Haro.

Eighteen days later, Spain has confirmed 47,610 cases, and, with a death toll of 3,434, has logged more fatalities than China.

This has to stop.

I eat meat and have toured slaughter houses and Newfoundland mink farms for work, so I'm cognizant of the apparent hypocrisy. But this image of the bat distressed me. The creature must have been captured with a net while flying. It just seems like a savage way to conduct one's food supply. And yes, savage with all its colonial baggage, I don't care.

Last edited:
1585321889303.png

1585321916386.png

Rammstein frontman Til Lindemann is in ICU after contracting the virus while on tour in Russia...

Think stocks will crash again when reality sets in and that trumps all clear by easter wont happen.

There can be no certainty.

That said, tempting as some stocks appear right now, I'm holding back.

Perhaps at the risk of being late to a party.

But, I'm inclined to think that US quarterly numbers really aren't fully priced into the market yet.

Low P/E ratios aren't real, when the P is known, but the E is not (Price to Earnings).

But again, there is no certainty. The market is a mix of big players who can swing things with a single move; day-trading algorithms that buy on any dip, and traders of all stripes who are part of the less than predictable human herd, who may stampede in one direction or another without justification or warning.

Back