News   Aug 07, 2024
 738     1 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 818     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 512     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

When what they're protesting is problematic, we don't need to focus on the rot or the "good" to know there is something very wrong with this. That is, when the argument and the narrative is already on the wrong side of history...we don't need to be straining at the gnats.

The attempted arson story is just bizarre frankly. I'm not by any means doubting it's legitimacy, it's on video but some bizarre things. Taping the doors shut from the inside before leaving through a side door. A resident of the hotel walking past them starting the fire, and instead of turning around and walking away, just going up the elevator in a building they're currently trying to burn down. Also lighting the fire in the middle of the hallway away from the walls, I mean thank the lord they were dumb enough to do that but just a very bizarre incident through and through.

Perhaps you'd like a street party in front of your house, blaring music and horns all hours of the day, blocking off your driveway, filling the air with gas and diesel fumes, stockpiling jerrycans and propane in the park, setting fires in the centre of your street, defecating on your front lawn, forcing local businesses closed and blocking emergency services?

That's aside from the physical harassment that's gone on of locals. That's aside from the vandalism. That's aside from the fact that all of these trucks are in violation of their insurance (good luck getting damages if something goes wrong).

These aren't people gathered on The Hill, calling for the government to hear them. These are a bunch of teenagers on the suburban equivalent of rumspringa.

The attempted arson story is just bizarre frankly. I'm not by any means doubting it's legitimacy, it's on video but some bizarre things. Taping the doors shut from the inside before leaving through a side door. A resident of the hotel walking past them starting the fire, and instead of turning around and walking away, just going up the elevator in a building they're currently trying to burn down. Also lighting the fire in the middle of the hallway away from the walls, I mean thank the lord they were dumb enough to do that but just a very bizarre incident through and through.
If you see two guys hunkered over something on the floor, do you usually stop and inspect?

Not saying it's legit or not, but in situations like this people question the realities of the complacency, ignorance or obliviousness of human nature. Passers-by are given great scrutiny, but the truth is people are often just more concerned with getting where they want to go.

Yesterday's polling on Ottawa protest support:

FLBU2gZX0AEy6_b.jpg

The 30% support in the 18 to 44 group is interesting. I wonder if it gets larger if you cut it down to 18-34.
28 to 44 would be more telling as that gets into Joe Rogan age demographic...

Back