News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 696     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 315     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

She was also apparently 90 years old with other underlying conditions. The vaccine is NOT (and nobody says it is) 100% effective but it almost certainly reduces the severity for 100% of those who have even 1 dose and become exposed.

Honestly, at 90 years old this is to be expected.

My grandmother is 85 and is well aware that given her age, if she gets sick she could bite the big one. I am not saying it is not tragic but the older you get, the more likely things are to affect you.

She was also apparently 90 years old with other underlying conditions. The vaccine is NOT (and nobody says it is) 100% effective but it almost certainly reduces the severity for 100% of those who have even 1 dose and become exposed.
Not that vaccine isn't effective, but rather at 90, the immune system is extremely diminished (if existent at all) and is unlikely to work reliably, even if the shot does spur on antibody production.

We ate out a lot last week, it was nice to dine out, but it sure wasn't cheap. It was just the two of us, we had three lunches and a couple of dinners, we spent about $400! We do like our cocktails, but its not like we got drunk off them. It's not the restaurants fault, they were shut down for a long time, plus they are dealing with rising food costs. Eating out is going to be expensive.

Honestly, at 90 years old this is to be expected.

My grandmother is 85 and is well aware that given her age, if she gets sick she could bite the big one. I am not saying it is not tragic but the older you get, the more likely things are to affect you.
And somehow my cousin’s 90 year old, unvaccinated grandmother caught COVID twice, had no symptoms, and fully recovered. Life’s weird.

Right now I think we should watch closely what is happening in the UK, where the Delta variant is dominant and they have the worst situation in Europe, with 14 new cases per 100,000 per day, despite their high level of vaccination.

We should try to avoid making the same mistakes repeatedly, and make sure our vaccination rate is considerably higher before we reopen further. At this point I'm convinced another wave is coming.

When data cleanup is taken into account we hit around 216 cases on the day. 296 reported but 80 of these are previous cases from 2020.

This business of randomly tacking on data to the wrong date has been going on since early in the pandemic.

It really is unacceptable.

Its not merely misleading, its dishonest.

If cases were 'missed' early on............the correct thing to do is re-state the totals for the applicable dates.

Last edited:
So, that just has me wondering one thing: Why aren't we reopening earlier?
I assume because they are waiting to see what effect the partial re-opening of last week has had on cases and so that even more people can get vaccinated - the Delta variant seems to be much more easily transmissable and we REALLY do not want another surge of cases because Mr Ford was impatient.

I assume because they are waiting to see what effect the partial re-opening of last week has had on cases and so that even more people can get vaccinated - the Delta variant seems to be much more easily transmissable and we REALLY do not want another surge of cases because Mr Ford was impatient.
And really, we should wait at least a couple of weeks after the vaccination thresholds are reached, so the vaccines administered in the last 14 days actually become effective.

Reactions: DSC

Back