News   Jul 22, 2024
 675     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 488     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 528     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I'm glad to see the numbers being tested are stable, shows no one is taking it for granted that we are "over" it.
A lot of regional public health teams forcing workplaces to get 100% tested due to declared outbreaks. My employer has been dealing with several in the past few weeks (been keeping us busy).

All I care about now that my husband is fully vaccinated is that I can send him to the grocery store and ask pick up the mail after doing those things myself for 14 months.

Hi from lockdown 4.0 currently scheduled to only last 7 days (here's hoping) after we've had 30 cases of the Indian VoC spread in Melbourne. The guy who brought it here had completed hotel quarantine in Adelaide and tested negative over each time he was tested in 14 days and when he got to Melbourne he tested positive a few days later.

Report from SA authorities shows the guy getting it on the day he left quarantine from another positive case who was in a hotel room opposite this guys (yes, aerosol transmission is f*cked).

Anyhow, lockdown was announced yesterday for all of Victoria (as some cases had travelled out of the metro area) at 26 cases, 4 new today - all of them are epidemiologically linked but there have community jumps in the chains - two distinct clusters in the north and south of the city but yeah now a confirmed case from a nightclub a positive case was at.

Biggest benefit to the lockdown has been it's been the wakeup call we've needed for vaccines. AZ has been available to anyone over 50 for a while now but many appeared to be treating it like a restaurant buffet "waiting" for pfizer (which is only available to people in high-risk occupations or environments - like Aged Car or people under 50).

Mass vax centres that have had few people going through them prior to this week are now chockas. And 40-49 year olds can now get pfizer. I'm 39 and a half, I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish I was 40 :).

Hi from lockdown 4.0 currently scheduled to only last 7 days (here's hoping) after we've had 30 cases of the Indian VoC spread in Melbourne. The guy who brought it here had completed hotel quarantine in Adelaide and tested negative over each time he was tested in 14 days and when he got to Melbourne he tested positive a few days later.

Report from SA authorities shows the guy getting it on the day he left quarantine from another positive case who was in a hotel room opposite this guys (yes, aerosol transmission is f*cked).

Anyhow, lockdown was announced yesterday for all of Victoria (as some cases had travelled out of the metro area) at 26 cases, 4 new today - all of them are epidemiologically linked but there have community jumps in the chains - two distinct clusters in the north and south of the city but yeah now a confirmed case from a nightclub a positive case was at.

Biggest benefit to the lockdown has been it's been the wakeup call we've needed for vaccines. AZ has been available to anyone over 50 for a while now but many appeared to be treating it like a restaurant buffet "waiting" for pfizer (which is only available to people in high-risk occupations or environments - like Aged Car or people under 50).

Mass vax centres that have had few people going through them prior to this week are now chockas. And 40-49 year olds can now get pfizer. I'm 39 and a half, I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish I was 40 :).

Hotels are always dicey - recall Metropole in Hong Kong during SARS. It was literally where the mother of superspreader seeding infections around the world happened. We also had outbreaks at our quarantine hotels here as well during the current round as well. It's also becoming pretty undeniable that the thing is airborne - ventilation matters!

Good luck with the shot!

AoD

Last edited:
We’re catching up to the US in another way. I wonder if we could see the Canada-US border open sooner rather than later.

51BAAAE9-B201-4865-90D8-DF6B98138492.jpeg

Back