News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I tend to agree.

It is coming to the point where we may be the only country not to seal their borders.

If the EU along with other major nations can do it so can we.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Schengen Area was temporarily dissolved due to the outbreak. There are provisions in EU law to do so in this sort of situation.
Actually, the EU are strengthening the Schengen Area by closing its outer borders to travellers from all non-European countries (This ban would not apply to people from countries like UK which are NOT in Schengen Area )

"The move comes after several EU and Schengen Area Member Countries started introducing border checks on their own, banning from entering all travellers that were not their passport holders, including Germany and Estonia.

"If it comes into force, the ban will apply to all non-essential travel to the Schengen area. The EU but non-Schengen countries of Ireland, Cyprus, Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria will also be invited to also implement the restrictions."
See; https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-to-ban-entry-to-26-schengen-area-countries/

You are not an expert. No where near it.
Stop acting like you know what the government should do based off your observations.

Well, you are not an expert either, so you dont know if the govt is doing enough like myself.

and you can't tell me to be quiet because you are a nobody like myself. :)

If you want to praise the govt, I have every right to critique it.

Actually, the EU are strengthening the Schengen Area by closing its outer borders to travellers from all non-European countries (This ban would not apply to people from countries like UK which are NOT in Schengen Area )

"The move comes after several EU and Schengen Area Member Countries started introducing border checks on their own, banning from entering all travellers that were not their passport holders, including Germany and Estonia.

"If it comes into force, the ban will apply to all non-essential travel to the Schengen area. The EU but non-Schengen countries of Ireland, Cyprus, Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria will also be invited to also implement the restrictions."
See; https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-to-ban-entry-to-26-schengen-area-countries/

The provisions I referred to involve reinstating the borders of each individual nation as they were pre-schengen.

Basically temporarily end the free movement of individuals within the schengen area.

Fear-mongering and (blindly partisan) critiques directed at the wrong level of government is not conducive to discussion and is spam cluttering the thread between coronavirus updates.

If you choose to go after the Prime Minister because of perceived lukewarm responses from the provincial governments on health care and education, your argument is inherently flawed.

Trying to keep up on Provincial News Releases on COVID? Well, there may be a problem............you're not the only one......

This is what you see if you go the site:

"This website is under heavy load
We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later."

It‘s not that big a deal as long as the information is replicated accurately by other outlets, Now it is time to use that emergency alert systemto distribute instructions instead of being trigger happy with Amber Alerts.

AoD

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced that Canada will be shutting the border to non-Canadian citizens, with the exception of permanent residents, their immediate families, diplomats and U.S. citizens at this time.

Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 will not be able to enter Canada.

Historic great action by the Trudeau :cool:

Raises eyebrow.........

Largest number of cases in Canada are now from travel to the United States.

But U.S. Citizens are exempt from our new restrictions, as are Canadians returning from the U.S. (or anywhere else)

Raises eyebrow.........

Largest number of cases in Canada are now from travel to the United States.

But U.S. Citizens are exempt from our new restrictions, as are Canadians returning from the U.S. (or anywhere else)
They might be still trying to figure things out. Just now they mentioned American citizens who need to travel across the border like truck drivers. Which I guess is necessary for the shipment of goods.

I’m thinking, though, it won’t be long before the exemption ends. I believe the Prime Minister used the words “for now”.

They might be still trying to figure things out. Just now they mentioned American citizens who need to travel across the border like truck drivers. Which I guess is necessary for the shipment of goods.

I’m thinking, though, it won’t be long before the exemption ends. I believe the Prime Minister used the words “for now”.

Like even i want it banned but I realize the Canada US border is not a small deal.

Imagine Cabinet, Premiers are having a huge fight about this now

However its good they took this step for now.

Anyone know if anyone who is on a worker and Student visa canada in canada but left the country temporarily.

Back