News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Great, we can clog up the courts so we can put sick people in jail and infect that population. :rolleyes:

That is not happening in Italy though ...They are being fined and socially shamed.

If we are willing to shut down almost everything why not force people coming from overseas into mandatory self-isolation.

Almost every infection being reporting by each province is from travel, so it seems to me if we are really focused on "flattening the curve", its time to shut down travel and force isolate people who have to come in.

Yes there will be spread but we can reduce more chains of infections.

Its a lot of effort and will ruffle a lot of people feathers, but #whateveritakes.

I expect it’s only a matter of time before the territories and our vulnerable indigenous communities are infected. With crowded living spaces, addictions, high smoking rates, rampant tuberculosis and other lung disease, and lack of health care, Covid19 would be lethal for many.

As an aside, my brother’s snowbird in-laws have been given 20 days to return from Florida or their health insurance is canceled.

They need to enhance their screening processes for people returning home. They are letting people through the airport just asking if they have been to China. They are herding people together in close proximity. That will cause a lot of problems. They should fix some of that rather than handing out fines.

As an aside, my brother’s snowbird in-laws have been given 20 days to return from Florida or their health insurance is canceled.
They're lucky. A friend was given 10 days following the advisory and spent all night last night on the phone getting a flight. They couldn't get their original date changed so they just booked a new one.

They're lucky. A friend was given 10 days following the advisory and spent all night last night on the phone getting a flight. They couldn't get their original date changed so they just booked a new one.
I’d be renting a car. If must, ditch it in Buffalo and have friends cross to bring you back. The airports are a mess.

for medical reasons, they can't drive; they are very afraid of dealing with the airports

They need to enhance their screening processes for people returning home. They are letting people through the airport just asking if they have been to China. They are herding people together in close proximity. That will cause a lot of problems. They should fix some of that rather than handing out fines.

China is not exporting hardly any cases right now, that is so stupid...

I think you dont have to actually hand out fines if people dont self-isolate, just putting some teeth into govt actions should make people more willing to comply with it. Even saying mandatory instead of voluntary I think would help.

It goes from a kind request to being seen as a requirement.

I think we are having a culture clash as people will follow such measures in a country like Japan, SK, China and Singapore as they have a much more collectivist mindset while we have a more free spirit mindset.

Which is great but it sorts of hurts in a time where we must think about each other :)

I expect it’s only a matter of time before the territories and our vulnerable indigenous communities are infected. With crowded living spaces, addictions, high smoking rates, rampant tuberculosis and other lung disease, and lack of health care, Covid19 would be lethal for many.

Oddly enough, the remoteness of some of these communities may work in their favour, so long as there aren't anyone who visited them recently. But you're right - it'd be a disaster for them if it gets there.

AoD

For at least three weeks, I will have to work from home since my workplace is closed due to the virus (I normally work in an office).

I will be working from home at least a week. My wife can't work from home, but was still told not to come in.

Back