News   Apr 26, 2024
 177     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 432     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

At one time, Lines 1 and 2 ran four-car trains on weekends and late at night. They could return to doing the same these days, especially on Line 2.

On Line 1, because of the Toronto Rocket trains, it would be a problem to uncouple two of the cars from the articulated trains. Unless they have enough spare trains available to switch from the six-car Toronto Rocket trains to four-car Toronto Rocket trains.

Then you might get the problem with social distancing on the shorter trains.

Fourth consecutive day, Alberta breaks daily record with 1,584 new cases.

I’m glad to see stats on hospitalizations and deaths. The number of cases doesn’t mean much to me.

If I want to know how safe the highways were yesterday and how safety is trending, the number of cars on the road, call it opportunities for trouble or “cases” is not very useful, when what you really need to know is how many accidents, injuries and fatalities occur on the roads yesterday and how that’s changing over time.

Cases of Covid seem to be skyrocketing, but the deaths and hospitalization are not. Why? What’s different? And if we had the current level of mortality back in May would we have shutdown everything? Could Ontario simply protect LTC and other vulnerable people and carry on as we have been, with social distancing?

The professional athletics ( hockey, basketball, baseball, etc.) all get excellent medical care. Get a paper cut, the team doctor will be right on it.

So maybe the teams should be the "guinea pigs" for the human stage of vaccine testing.

Unfortunately, being the top in physical condition, they are not the "real" specimens needed for "complete" testing.

So... a little off topic but since I've been watching Kubrick films this weekend and trying to keep my marbles intact after being cooped up I need suggestions.

Anyone know of anything good to watch during the upcoming lockdown that doesn't involve a man snapping like a twig due to social isolation?

Trying to keep myself occupied during the upcoming lockdown without giving myself ideas.

If you have extra time on your hands devote it to charity for those suffering through this nightmare.

Reactions: vic

"I'm coming on here today to let you guys know that our Etobicoke location, tomorrow — that's Tuesday — will be opening for in-restaurant dining against provincial orders at eleven o'clock."

I wonder if he generates enough net income per day to offset the potential $25k/day fine. (Answer: Probably not).

The reason why Wal-Mart is open, while clothing stores are not open during the lockdown in Toronto...

Rob-Ford-Walmart.jpg

From link, dated August 2, 2012.

I wonder if he generates enough net income per day to offset the potential $25k/day fine. (Answer: Probably not).

Now give him the max fine, no warning!

Back