News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 414     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

N.L. premier takes aim at Trump over coronavirus medical supplies

BY STAFF THE CANADIAN PRESS
Posted April 5, 2020 2:13 pm

The premier of Newfoundland and Labrador says he’s furious with U.S. President Donald Trump for suggesting the country could ban exports of medical supplies to Canada.

Dwight Ball told a news conference Sunday that the province gained international acclaim for the way its residents helped thousands of stranded airline passengers after the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States in 2001.

Ball says that when the United States was in crisis, Newfoundlanders and Labradorians “acted fast and did what was necessary.”

The premier said even though he was “infuriated” with Trump’s actions, he insisted that the people of the province wouldn’t hesitate to repeat what they did during 9/11.

I am binge watching The Crown right now and it has made me really respect her. Maybe her telling people to stay home will get the job done!

Meanwhile, arsonists in Britain torched down 5G towers, claiming that 5G causes the virus:

On a slightly lighter note...........from Twitter:

1586127448656.png

Has anyone watched the movie Contagion? Spooky.

I didn’t find it spooky, I found it reassuring knowing the experts working on this problem behind the scenes.

As we’re seeing now, the film was incredibly accurate in it’s predictions and in how the CDC and WHO deal with pandemics. Larry Brilliant, the epidemiologist who led the eradication of Smallpox, consulted on the film.

The virus depicted in Contagion had a much higher mortality rate than SARS-CoV-2 but in the end (spoiler), they got a vaccine and humanity survived. We’ll get there.

I didn’t find it spooky, I found it reassuring knowing the experts working on this problem behind the scenes.

As we’re seeing now, the film was incredibly accurate in it’s predictions and in how the CDC and WHO deal with pandemics. Larry Brilliant, the epidemiologist who led the eradication of Smallpox, consulted on the film.

The virus depicted in Contagion had a much higher mortality rate than SARS-CoV-2 but in the end (spoiler), they got a vaccine and humanity survived. We’ll get there.

Spooky meaning how it mirrored exactly what happened here. The accuracy is crazy to see.

Yes, there was a vaccine, but society fell apart. Looting, no food, violence etc.... It didn't focus on the financial aspect which I think will hit many people very hard. Difference there is the Prez wasn't an idiot who thought the whole thing was a hoax and dragged his feet for 2 months. Imagine?

Back