News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.3K     5 

Noble Lofts - Your thoughts?

condostar

Member Bio
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on Noble Lofts? I've been in this building a few times and seen different units. I do really like this building, and yes i've seen some of the oudated kitchens in the building!

What do you think in terms of area (parkdale), building, units, amenities, investment wise etc...

Where is this exactly? I've never heard of them and would be quite interested as I like Parkdale and its location is incredible.

If you're talking about 24 Noble, I looked at one unit there about 10 years ago. At the time, I thought it was overpriced and the maintenance fees seemed high, given that there were no amenities in the building. Also, the listing agent was screaming "up-and-coming area"... which at the time was a bit of a stretch. I remember the listing sat for several weeks with no bites. The asking price was around $139,000 for roughly 650 or 680 sqft. However there was nothing around there at the time.

Times may have changed, as now the area is a little more up and coming as gentrification has spread further West. The building itself seemed to have good bones...

I'd like to know what the asking price is before passing judgment on whether the unit might be a good deal.

yes i'm talking about 24 Noble.

To give you perspective. I was in on a bidding wear back in October 09. Was a corner unit on the top floor. About 900 sq ft. With a very oudated kitchen and bathroom. The unit ended up selling for $355k.

I mapped it and with diesel trains that close to your house I think you should be glad you lost the bidding war, no loft is worth cancer. Plus the noise is huge and going to get a lot worse. Within the next 5 years the number of trains running through that area will increase from 40 to 400 unless they electrify, which metrolinx says they have no intention of doing.

I mapped it and with diesel trains that close to your house I think you should be glad you lost the bidding war, no loft is worth cancer. Plus the noise is huge and going to get a lot worse. Within the next 5 years the number of trains running through that area will increase from 40 to 400 unless they electrify, which metrolinx says they have no intention of doing.

i think this is a bit of an overreaction. what evidence do you have of this increased train traffic?

i've been inside the unit when the train passes. and frankly its not that bad.

Explain why is there an increase of cancer living there?

This is a section of the fixed rail link to Pearson and the CleanTrain Coalition has been fighting Metrolinx for the last 8 months. The Chief Medical Officer for the City of Toronto has spoken out against diesel and already at certain intersections (Strachan/Douro) there is an unacceptably high risk of leukemia. The above website gives you all the info you need. Thanks dob467 for posting it!

Last edited:
This is a section of the fixed rail link to Pearson and the CleanTrain Coalition has been fighting Metrolinx for the last 8 months. The Chief Medical Officer for the City of Toronto has spoken out against diesel and already at certain intersections (Strachan/Douro) there is an unacceptably high risk of leukemia. The above website gives you all the info you need. Thanks dob467 for posting it!

well thanks for the heads up! i was unaware of this...good to know!

Back