News   May 02, 2024
 233     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 159     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 210     0 

Next up and coming neighbourhood

maybe sales in winter time not so good, plus interest rate higher than before, lots of reasons, and coming here is one of their target!?

Where are you guys coming from with those responses???

This is a conversation about the next hot areas. Would you prefer I don't make suggestions from my daily experiences and illustrate examples of what others are doing?

As for referring to me as unclassy, having never had a conversation with me, that seems like a lack of class in itself, no? If you want a link to my clents testimonials, IM me and I'll share it with you. I won't post it on here, as to conform to forum rules.

I'm not desperate to sell anything. Would I like more business, sure. But my business comes largely from client referrals to family/friends - all of who feel I am very ethical and profssional.

But back on topic... From personal experience I like these areas to buy and hold:
- Downtown East (Parliament to Carlaw)
- Lansdowne/Bloor
- Long Branch

Calling the guy classless ain't cool. However, it would be great if he could qualify his comments with 'as a licensed real estate agent I recommend...'

Now that's classy! ;)

Area wise I recommend Queen west of Dufferin, the 'New' Parkdale. (as a developer)

I just think the whole "and you're so close to the highway! Just hop on the Gardiner and you're downtown in minutes" line is little more than standard reatlor BS. Nobody wants to live next to a highway and I'd bet those who move out there thinking they'll "be downtown in minutes" will rarely go downtown.

before i bought my bungalow in st clair and runnymede, i had consider Mimico, seems not that far from downtown by driving, but what if people don't have a car or the car broke down, i had this second thought, so i drop it, i love the area tho, to me , it smells different, not so crowd, but i'm a city person, i rather choose the easy commute, and i know the formula, if i don't have much money, i can only choose either location or the size of the the house, so i chose location.:)

CN Tower - You raise a good point! I've been trying to change the "New to UT" under my name to "Realtor" to better identify myself, but I think because I don't have enough posts yet, it won't let me change that feature. I also didn't want to advertise in my signature, as that's against the rules... I should just use your suggested phrase in the body of my message - great idea!

GraphicMatt - I agree that not many people want to live right beside a highway. Or if they do, they want to get a really good price to compensate for it! The areas I suggested aren't within sight of a highway though... Where my client bought in Long Branch, for example, he could hit a good drive into the lake! But the GO station is literally 11 blocks from his place. It's all case dependent. If the person works in the financial district, it's probably better for them to jump on the GO and walk underground to their office than deal with streetcars or expensive underground parking... To each their own for sure!!!

general surfer - My friend lives in a bungalow at Jane/Dundas - similar area to you. Those are great houses!

Last edited:
I have to agree that one or two of the comments in this thread are indeed "classless". I think our friend Grace Condos made it pretty obvious in a couple of his posts (24 and 29, for example) that he is an agent. Should he be banned, for that reason? I would think he brings a valid perspective to this question (not the only perspective of course, but a valid one). I'm disappointed at some of the snarky comments that seem to creep into this forum from time to time, which do not seem to have any real point.

I have to agree that one or two of the comments in this thread are indeed "classless". I think our friend Grace Condos made it pretty obvious in a couple of his posts (24 and 29, for example) that he is an agent. Should he be banned, for that reason? I would think he brings a valid perspective to this question (not the only perspective of course, but a valid one). I'm disappointed at some of the snarky comments that seem to creep into this forum from time to time, which do not seem to have any real point.

Thanks Walt. I'm a member of many car forums (a big hobby of mine) and see these kind of comments all day long - so it doesn't bother me!

I'm here to be a contributing member and as time ticks by, others will see that I'll bring good information and hopefully be a respected member of the community.

I've talked to the site owner about running some banner ads, which I will probably do in the Spring/Summer. But I don't want to be that faceless ad at the top of the page. I'd rather be a member of the community who is involved in discussions. Sometimes people will disagree with my thoughts, as I may with theirs - but I'll always be classy in my replies. ;)

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC!!! :)

Downtown is the only place to be! King West to King East South of Bloor to the lake! This is where the best real estate gains will be in the next few years.

Wow. You guys really don't like Real Estate Agents. You treat them like the plague. What if I told you all I am an agent, would you all start hating on me? After all the love I've been getting B4?

Downtown is the only place to be! King West to King East South of Bloor to the lake! This is where the best real estate gains will be in the next few years.
I'm not so sure about that. There is a real price barrier for average condo buyers. Once you get above that we're talking townhouses or semi-detached homes as the next step up, not just continued crazy increases of condo prices.

ie. If you have a 2-bedroom condo for $600000, don't expect it skyrocket in price. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it performed worse than the average, in terms of price gains as compared to lower priced condos and slightly higher priced semi-detached homes.

as a licensed homeowner, i think bloor/dundas has some potential (wishful thinking perhaps, as i just bought in the area).

bloor/landsdowne also has great potential; as GraceCondos mentioned, the bloorline lofts go fast and hard, despite their "classy" location. when looking, those they always went above asking.

bloor/landsdowne also has great potential; as GraceCondos mentioned, the bloorline lofts go fast and hard, despite their "classy" location. when looking, those they always went above asking.

Some of the female residents of Bloorline lofts refer to that dance club as the "gymnastic club on the corner"! haha.. But yes, Bloorline Lofts is a great building! Were you looking this past Summer salvador? I sold the last two split level lofts in that building and while we were able to get the owners a pretty penny, they're still a good value compared to many other buildings.

Here are links to photos of those two units so people can get the feeling of that building:

http://www.gracehomes.com/14a_read.php?ltl=570186

http://www.gracehomes.com/14a_read.php?ltl=597552

I think all of the old city of Toronto is up and coming because there is investment flowing into homes and businesses throughout the core. People are hyping up the "next hottest thing" before things are even becoming hot or have demonstrated any level of sustained re-investment in todays "hot hoods". What I mean is that say the Junction may by the definition of this thread have already come and gone. But you know what? The Junction is still a dump. As the city grows, ages and matures the yard stick by which we measure neighbourhood transition will also change.

What we are really talking about here is what neighbourhood is hot for people who dream of owning property in the city but have no money? As the city grows people who can afford expensive property start to become a dime a dozen and the threshold advances further.

Back