News   May 06, 2024
 484     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 679     1 

Next up and coming neighbourhood

i thought landsdowne is already there, also seen some listing thr the web, they are not affordable, even more than junction, i think anywhere close to subway, the price of the house was already up, i mean in an unaffordable amount for a first time buyer.

i thought landsdowne is already there, also seen some listing thr the web, they are not affordable, even more than junction, i think anywhere close to subway, the price of the house was already up, i mean in an unaffordable amount for a first time buyer.

What is & isn't affordable for a first time buyer? The cheapest one in the Bloor-Landsdowne neighbourhood right now is $245K, with decent choices in the low $400K range. Similar carrying cost to a $320K condo (note condo fees).

One area I mentioned in another thread is along Kingston Road between Birchmount and Brimley. Why? Because it was just rezoned last month from commercial to mixed use residential with allowances for up to mid-rise developments.

But yeah, the success of this rezoning won't be fully known for about 20 years.

I totally agree.
This area is a 'sleeper' just waiting for one really major heavily marketed project.
When it happens, it will be a flashpoint for huge changes.

definitley park lawn / lakeshore if it's not well to do already ..... once they get some bars/lounges/restaurants/retail in there then it's be a happening place. Also, area around sherway gardens or Queensway/Kipling .... i think that area will be big once it's redeveloped. Sherway has potential to be the pretentious and trendy suburb of Yorkville once those condos are built and they put in a few more restaurants and a Mark McEwan grocery store there. There seems be a lot of money in the oakville, mississauga rd, kingsway, bloor west areas that flows to that so called 'high end' mall.

Last edited:
Mimico, New Toronto, and Long Branch are strung out in a row along the Lakeshore. The rough edges that someone mentioned are disappearing, but beware of the problem with the cheap housing at Lakeshore and 12th where some druggies have apparently found it to their liking.

The hottest area IMO now is the Junction. Nice mix of older houses, older apartments, newer apartments, good walking and shopping environment along Dundas Street, restaurants and coffee shops, proximity to the subway, etc ...

today read another news on the web about this topic, saying Pleasant, Rockcliff Smythe are the deal right now, anyone familiar with these two neighbourhood, oh and also Rogue as well.

Last Sat i heard the radio tlking about Mount Dennis is gonna have a big change due to gov going to prioritize this area for big revitialization. just so many different hoods are changing, but i'll still stick with those close to the subway line.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/toronto/story.html?id=2349685&p=2

Quote from article:
All I am saying is, it may be time to buy a house in Norseman Heights, just east of the old factory. The espresso bars are coming.
End Quote

The Kipling/Queensway to Sherway Gardens area is probably the next big area to explode in TO into a trendy, upscale locale. It's about 10-12 minutes from downtown TO if you take the QEW but you're really close to Bloor West, Islington village and High Park though. Prices are still pretty cheap compared to other areas of Toronto.

I also think towards kipling and dundas will boom in the next five years if there plan to create an etobicoke downtown where the once westwood theatre was. There is a lot of empty land, and with the court proposal as well as the kipling subway rennovation and 6 points reconfiguration. This area should be on peoples real estate radar, if not now very soon.

Up and Coming

bloor and dundas, as well as dundas and kipling

The whole Junction Pocket of Housing has been hyped lately

I am very Bullish ion the Kipling Islington Bloor Hub that is developing with the large investment by Tridel at the Essex Nuvo and Parc Nuvo complex Plus the Pemberton development of the Michael Power Place property.

Both are in direct proximety to major transit hubs that are going through improvements.

The new court house is slated for the westwood theatre site, New film studios on 777 Kipling Ave

The Lake Shore and Park lawn Road continue to be a demand destination and are awaiting a new transit LRT.

The Kipling/Queensway to Sherway Gardens area is probably the next big area to explode in TO into a trendy, upscale locale. It's about 10-12 minutes from downtown TO if you take the QEW but you're really close to Bloor West, Islington village and High Park though. Prices are still pretty cheap compared to other areas of Toronto.

If anyone's interested in houses, the Long Branch area (Kipling-Browns South of Lake Shore) should see some upward movement shortly. I just helped a client buy a bungalow and he's tearing it apart to build a gourgeous contemporary 2 storey from the pages of DWELL - and he's not the only one doing it over there! The parks, lake, access to transit make it a really affordable pocket where you can still get downtown easily...

Back