579     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 739     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 599     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Ah, that Stintz. She's so Lindsey Naegle
19235_1.jpg

the problem with right in council they have like one or two possible leaders.

The rest are just grumpy old men.

We don't need someone on the right. We just need someone who is neither right nor left. A centrist.

Yes that is true 100%.

Centrist politician usually cause the least damage...

Pinball Clemons

I nominate Moses Znaimer for next Mayor.

Oh please God no! He'll turn out just like Miller.

Can anyone persuade Pinball Clemons? He has the manner, the attitude, the charisma and the ethnicity to do the job. The only thing he is lacking is political experience but, let's face it, that wouldn't be a problem in Toronto.

My vote would go to Paul Godfrey

godrimstead19751.jpg

Paul Godfrey, then the most powerful politician in Toronto as chairman of Metro Council, takes a cream pie in the face from Sun columnist Paul Rimstead during the opening of the new (current) Sun building in 1975. Do you think Mayor David Miller would have a smile on his face if the same thing happened today? That's the difference, folks.

Paul Godfrey, then the most powerful politician in Toronto as chairman of Metro Council, takes a cream pie in the face from Sun columnist Paul Rimstead during the opening of the new (current) Sun building in 1975. Do you think Mayor David Miller would have a smile on his face if the same thing happened today? That's the difference, folks.

Under quasi-staged circumstances similar to the above, who says Miller wouldn't?

Now, if Godfrey took a pie in the face from some Stop-The-Spadina-type prankster, he probably *wouldn't* have been smiling...

Whoever runs has to start preparing now - they have one-and-a-half years to prepare.

David Miller was my City councillor (spelling?) before become mayor. Although I found him approachable, he was very closed minded and saw no wrong in anything the city unions did. We need someone much more pragmatic - someone who can approach any issue from the left or from the right. Someone who supports public transit and a liveable city landscape but also supports the police, can stand up to the unions, and who understands fiscal responsibility. Someone other than David Miller.

To be honest, I cannot think of anyone right now that fits that bill.

Oh yes lets go after the Police and ignore how pathetic the TTC Unions is...

Nicely done... :mad:

So Pinball should be mayor because he is black enough? I don't see why his race should enter into it.

lordmandeep:

Oh yes lets go after the Police and ignore how pathetic the TTC Unions is...

Who said anything about ignoring? If anything, I have a feeling you are ignoring how much policing costs and whether there are efficiencies to be gained from scrutizing the police budget more closely.

AoD

Policing costs so much because the city is rather large and has a lot of criminal elements in it that to no amount of social programs can stop...

So we need tons of police officers because crime is a serious issue. You can bring what ever stats you want but violent crime is getting more public and brazen by the year.

Back