News   Jul 26, 2024
 230     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 708     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 607     1 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I wouldn't even use Levy's article to wrap my fish. And I'm not even a Smitherman supporter (and I hate fish. I wouldn't wish that upon my enemies). She has an agenda and it's pretty clear that she's not afraid to find ways to put it out there.

Caught the debate and I say George Smitherman did very well. He was tough and stern with with opponents and answered questions thoughtfully. This man is a mayor type and will bring much needed change to city hall.

SCan we afford a hothead like this running Toronto?
Are you kidding me? Your calling Smitherman a hothead ... in contrast to Rob Ford?

Rob Ford is the one who has consistently been accused of losing his temper, and verbally abusing people. Rob Ford is the one who was arrested for abusing people.

Why point out one, without mentioning the other?

And hang on ... you are quoting the Toronto Sun? It's not even a real newspaper. And Sue-Ann Levy? She admitted that she was taking cash payments from Rob Ford?

Sounds like Smitherman had a major meltdown at tonights debate. Got into a big tussle with a 1010 producer

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnists/sueann_levy/2010/10/20/15768046.html

Can we afford a hothead like this running Toronto?

you seem to be in love with ford. didn't you complain is some thread about police brutality during the G20 meetings? you do know that ford said that the police were too nice to the protesters?

i don't get it. george smitherman's train which apparently runs on gravy, exhausts american money instead of coal soot? so if i vote for smitherman, the air will be full of money?

Last edited:
you seem to be in love with ford. didn't you complain is some thread about police brutality during the G20 meetings? you do know that ford said that the police were too nice to the protesters?

No I'm not in love with Ford and there are things I disagree with him about and his support for the actions of the Police during the G20 is a major one however every other single politician from every political party came out in support of Bill Blair so what can you do. If elected I don't know if Ford will be a great Mayor but he won't be the disaster which I am convinced Smitherman will be. If Ford were run over by a truck tomorrow I would vote for Pantalone thats how strong I feel about Smitherman.

Why is Rob Fords personal life a factor in peoples factor to vote for him? Now I'm not saying everything he says is right, but from what I see most people vote agaisnt Ford based on his background and his "hot temper" not based on his policies. My Law teacher today launched a massive rant agaisnt Mr. Ford, funny enough not mentioning ANY of his policies she disagrees with. I asked her why she was voting agaisnt Ford. She said "well because he is a drunk idiot who beats his wife. Toronto needs a mayor that will look presentable to the rest of the world and to make this city "shiny". I didn't bother argue.

It's amazing how me, a 19 year old nobody can make an intelligent vote based on ones policies, not based on their lifestyle. I will vote Mr. Ford because he tells it like it is. I live in Brampton (will be moving to Toronto soon) and I see what kind of laughable taxes my relatives pay who live in North York and Scarborough. We don't need and LRT clogging up streets, and we don't need a Mayor handling our money, our funding and budgets who has a history of mishandling money (ehealth, lhinis, hydro) and who has neglected funding for Toronto during his tenure as an MPP.

It won't be the disaster that many on this board claim it will be when Rob Ford is elected. I also disagree with polling, it influences who people choose to vote for. Polititions should be elected based on their platform and be held accountable to it.

Also Rob Ford is a fat guy, which makes for great comedy. Also, I f*ckin hate street cars.

I will vote Mr. Ford because he tells it like it is. I live in Brampton

How will you vote for Ford?

Also, I f*ckin hate street cars.

I hate inefficient buses that weave in and out of traffic.

from what I see most people vote agaisnt Ford based on his background and his "hot temper" not based on his policies.

Have you read much, if any, of this thread? His policies have been attacked incessantly, particularly his transit and economic plans which don't make sense. Unless you move to Scarborough, you'll see zero benefit with Ford's transit plan, the rest of the city will receive nothing. Not that Ford will have to power to stop Transit City anyways.

Last edited:

Back