NEXT at Elgin East (Sequoia Grove Homes) - Real Estate

No updates on occupancy fees. But our occupancy date was moved to December.

Good afternoon to you. Yes, mine has also been changed to Dec, Dec 18th to be exact. No contact about the inspection yet.

That's good to hear that they are so close. I doubt there will be further delays as they only went from Nov to Dec, so you will likely be doing PDI and Occupancy very soon. Congrats!

I can't wait until next spring for my town, I saw on their Insta post that my block finally had a wood frame up. Lol

That's good to hear that they are so close. I doubt there will be further delays as they only went from Nov to Dec, so you will likely be doing PDI and Occupancy very soon. Congrats!

I can't wait until next spring for my town, I saw on their Insta post that my block finally had a wood frame up. Lol
Hello Sammy,
Congratulations to you too ☺️
I really don’t know if anyone from the towns has moved in yet but I did see a PDI sign area for parking on the site. I do know that the towns closest to Elgin mills near the retirement home has been up for a while now so maybe 🤔 they are the first sets of owners.
The dirty windows and fence surely makes it hard to see the inside so maybe we can all update and share new information here if any.

Hello Sammy,
Congratulations to you too ☺️
I really don’t know if anyone from the towns has moved in yet but I did see a PDI sign area for parking on the site. I do know that the towns closest to Elgin mills near the retirement home has been up for a while now so maybe 🤔 they are the first sets of owners.
The dirty windows and fence surely makes it hard to see the inside so maybe we can all update and share new information here if any.

A friend has completed PDI on a town and was supposed to move in next week or the week after. He received a letter on this week that it's being pushed out to the new year with no date. He is now waiting on additional info regarding when in the new year.

Thanks for the info Sammy.
Why would they do that? Is it really incomplete on the inside?

Thanks for the info Sammy.
Why would they do that? Is it really incomplete on the inside?
No. When they checked it during the PDI. Everything was finished. He's so confused

Forgot to mention, his unit is in one of the towns close the Elgin mills by the retirement home

Hi! Just an update on Building B. I just received a letter today. My occupancy has been pushed 2 months from April to Jun 2024.

No. When they checked it during the PDI. Everything was finished. He's so confused

Forgot to mention, his unit is in one of the towns close the Elgin mills by the retirement home
You know what Sammy, they said something about the parking lot portion with some delay in my email now that I think about it. I’m glad that it’s done the unit. 😊

Hi! Just an update on Building B. I just received a letter today. My occupancy has been pushed 2 months from April to Jun 2024.
I saw building B had Workers doing window work last weekend and progress was moving with the exterior as well as inside. Keep in touch. 😊

View attachment 521539

Photo taken Sunday Nov 19 looking at the west end of Building B. Windows look done. Still finishing work required on north side. Note the 2 mobile cranes with workers installing finishing panels - cranes completely blocking David Eyer Drive. I’ve been to the site many times lately and construction equipment is always blocking David Eyer Drive and often blocking Saigon Drive in front of the unfinished townhouses (yellow buildings). Last notice I got from the builder said that units in Building A are finished and that PDIs were proceeding but mentioned next year for occupancy (I’m on 7th floor Of Building A). No new occupancy date provided. There is a trailer at the workers’ parking lot on Nannyberry north of Building A which is apparently for PDI meet-ups.
Thank you David for the update. You said you're on the 7th floor of Building A, do you mind sharing what occupancy date you were given?

Thank you David for the update. You said you're on the 7th floor of Building A, do you mind sharing what occupancy date you were given?
Hi Joyce. Up until Nov 13 our occupancy date was Nov 28. Then on Nov 13 we got an email from the builder saying that our occupancy was delayed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond their control. They went on to say ”We will be in touch within coming weeks with more information regarding your interim occupancy date for the new year”. So we’ve gone from a “firm” occupancy date to some unknown “interim” occupancy date. As I mentioned in my post, they did say that our unit is finished and that PDIs are ongoing. So I suspect late January or early February. My guess is that the ongoing construction makes it unsafe for anyone to be using David Eyer Rd or the entrance to the underground parking. Today there was a crane working on the south side of Building B right above the driveway.

Thank you David for the info. Yeah, I was told Nov 3 and I didn’t get any updates so I reached out to my lawyer in October and soon within an hour I got an email from the builder regarding a new date of Dec 18. I got the email saying there was a delay with the underground parking but I think it maybe their only excuse to use since the pandemic is consider over now. Anyways, just my thought since it’s so hard to tell from the lack of visibility even for level 1 folks like me. The main entrance is no where near done when I visited the site Nov 5. Keep in touch and thanks for the updates again!

Good day everyone, received notice now that new occupancy will be for the new year too. I must have gotten the same cut and paste email that you got David. No new dates and just mentioned about something in the new year.

Good day everyone, received notice now that new occupancy will be for the new year too. I must have gotten the same cut and paste email that you got David. No new dates and just mentioned about something in the new year.
Thanks for the update Joyce. At this rate, it will be spring.

I just received a registered letter with an update for my town. It's a notice for "setting of final tentative occupancy date" for Jul 2024.

Seems that the roof slab has been completed.

Back