News   Apr 24, 2024
 100     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.9K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 584     0 

News from Australia and across Oceania

Australia fires: 'Not much left' of town ravaged by bushfire

The leader of New South Wales, Gladys Berejiklian, says "catastrophic" fire conditions have almost completely razed one Australian community to the ground.

She said there was "not much left" of the town of Balmoral, south-west of Sydney, where about 400 people live.

Have you guys seen these vids? They're brilliant! I wish someone would produce a Canadian version of this.

The ladies execute their parts so well.

"Cool and Normal!"

All vids are NSFW, unless you work at a normal human workplace like me that isn't beholden to stupid rules around propriety.

This one is particularly disturbing, but they're all amazing and disturbing. Australia is pretty corrupt if you go by these.

Enjoy! I laughed.

Relief and anger in Balmoral, the bushfire village that ran out of water

The local fire captain says it’s a ‘miracle’ some homes were saved in the ground-zero village he says the NSW and federal governments abandoned

Helen Davidson
Mon 23 Dec 2019

Mural mocking Scott Morrison for Hawaii holiday during bushfires painted over

Artist Scott Marsh says he finished the mural in the Sydney suburb of Chippendale on Tuesday, but by Friday it was gone

Australian Associated Press
Fri 27 Dec 2019 04.09 GMT

2500.jpg

What happened? The policies Scott Morrison’s government appears to have abandoned

Action to protect LGBT students, a payday lending crackdown and an integrity commission are among the Coalition’s lost causes

Paul Karp, Amy Remeikis and Ben Butler
Sat 28 Dec 2019 05.42 GMT

Victoria bushfires: thousands told to evacuate vast east Gippsland fire threat zone

Visitors and residents told to ‘get out of’ an area half the size of Belgium immediately, in the face of historic fire threat day on Monday

Calla Wahlquist
Sun 29 Dec 2019 04.33 GMT

Back