611     2 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 400     0 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 614     0 

New Photos & First HDR!

I

IndieHearts

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who commented on my photos on the other thread. :)

I took some new shots today including my first HDR ( 3 photos in one ).

The hdr is not too clear because I don't have a tripod.

Hope you enjoy.

HDR.
phpVrDmdiPM.jpg

phpqUco8hPM.jpg

phpj7oAYKPM.jpg

phpgKP0kLPM.jpg

phpdVuiNOPM.jpg

phpf3XncXPM.jpg

php3lc9pGPM.jpg

love that one of the waves crashing on the rocks!

keep experimenting with HDR stuff... you have to be a pretty disciplined photographer when planning your shot. As you point out, any movement by you or indeed your subject will affect the result.... although I have seen some interesting results with ghost-like figures or cars that moved through the frame(s). It seems you are mostly focused on nature photography? I would really like to see what you can do with street shots or architectural shots - no doubt you have a good eye!

love that one of the waves crashing on the rocks!

keep experimenting with HDR stuff... you have to be a pretty disciplined photographer when planning your shot. As you point out, any movement by you or indeed your subject will affect the result.... although I have seen some interesting results with ghost-like figures or cars that moved through the frame(s). It seems you are mostly focused on nature photography? I would really like to see what you can do with street shots or architectural shots - no doubt you have a good eye!
Once I get a tripod my HDR's will be allot more clear, it was cold & my hand were shaking lol. I try to keep my photos as natural as possible & only use contrast plus the saturation. Yep I'm really focused on nature and also birds, I'm really shy of taking photos on public that's why I've never done any street or buildng shots but I'll try lol. I hope to get a better camera for my birthday because when I take photos of birds I always have to increase the ISO. Thank you for the comments, I can't wait till spring for more colourful shots.

=]

HDR = high dynamic range. the basic idea is that you take an underexposed shot, normal shot and an overexposed shot (or more than 3) of the exact same scene and combine them together. the new versions of photoshop do this automatically. the result is a picture that is more like what your eye sees

do as search on flickr for HDR, there's some great stuff

Indie Hearts, I have to say that these are some more good shots. You seem to be on your way towards being a professional photographer.

I'd like to see what you might do with streetscapes or buildings. Such scenes are welcome here as you might have noticed. The nature shots are very attractive, however.

Back