News   May 02, 2024
 674     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 210     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 279     0 

My friend's band Down with Webster..

Not very good at all... sorry. It's like a boy band got lyrics from Will Smith. And if I saw a band walk on stage looking like those guys, I'd probably laugh and have trouble taking them seriously. And what's with the "hype man"? Is that the buddy who the rest said could tag along as long as he drove the van?

I guess all of the above somehow gets you signed to a major though. Not that anyone really cares about majors anymore.

Their music seems to be aimed at the younger generation (e.g., high school/uni crowd, younger than me) but their shows are very entertaining and you can tell these guys have spent a lot of time practicing and refining their sound. I still need to pick up my copy of their latest album.

Disclosure - I have a family member in the band. Here's wishing them lots of success.

Not very good at all... sorry. It's like a boy band got lyrics from Will Smith. And if I saw a band walk on stage looking like those guys, I'd probably laugh and have trouble taking them seriously. And what's with the "hype man"? Is that the buddy who the rest said could tag along as long as he drove the van?

I guess all of the above somehow gets you signed to a major though. Not that anyone really cares about majors anymore.

I agree wholeheartedly with ya man. I know this one chick and last year her facebook status would constantly comprise of something to do with Down with Webster. I even got group invitations for this band. When I actually listened in on one of their songs, I wasn't impressed. It's over-done pop music with a dash of poser-esque "edginess". It seemed like a complete rip-off of another band called 3-oh-3 (Not a fan of them either). No offence to you Canuck, all the best to your family member, but I, and most people above the age of 15 would not care to listen to such things. This girl I spoke of by the way, she's 20. There's a few exceptions no doubt, lol.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with ya man. I know this one chick and last year her facebook status would constantly comprise of something to do with Down with Webster. I even got group invitations for this band. When I actually listened in on one of their songs, I wasn't impressed. It's over-done pop music with a dash of poser-esque "edginess". It seemed like a complete rip-off of another band called 3-oh-3 (Not a fan of them either). No offence to you Canuck, all the best to your family member, but I, and most people above the age of 15 would not care to listen to such things. This girl I spoke of by the way, she's 20. There's a few exceptions no doubt, lol.

Girls basically always have terrible taste in music.

i like rich girl haha it's got a happy vibe to it, sorta reminds me of summer.

i like rich girl haha it's got a happy vibe to it, sorta reminds me of summer.

Reminds me of Hall and Oates, but I'm old. I don't know, trying to make one hit out of another is pretty lazy, and getting played out - I hope.

Not a lot of talent here, but they don't seem the type who are in it to change the face of music. Looks like they're just trying to have fun, and I'm sure they do.

Back