News   Mar 28, 2024
 80     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Music streaming

I find most music of the 2000s to be rubbish, and this guy pretty much explained what I was perceiving.

So, I’m not buying any music. Instead I listen to my older stuff and Google Music stream for free anything I don’t already have.

I find most music of the 2000s to be rubbish, and this guy pretty much explained what I was perceiving.

So, I’m not buying any music. Instead I listen to my older stuff and Google Music stream for free anything I don’t already have.
There is absolutely no doubt modern non-orchestral music is trash.

Even worse, this trash is polluting our ears when we enter many different public places. Retailers are a huge offender.

There's a reason why I use noise-cancelling headphones to listen to orchestral music instead.

So, use popular music as proof that modern music is rubbish.

OK.

That's like using Molson Canadian as proof that modern beer is rubbish.

Anyway, carry on.

Is it a collection, if you don't own it? Leave Apple Music and DRM ensures the songs leave too, AIUI.

I'm not sure what Jason was referring to, but Apple Music allows one to integrate one's own digital collection (paid downloads,CD rips, etc.) with the streaming service. For example, you could create a playlist containing both your own stuff and songs on the streaming service. The ability to supplement one's own collection with 45 million additional tunes could certainly be seen as revolutionizing one's collection.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no doubt modern non-orchestral music is trash.

Even worse, this trash is polluting our ears when we enter many different public places. Retailers are a huge offender.

There's a reason why I use noise-cancelling headphones to listen to orchestral music instead.

I am not sure if using noise-cancelling headphones for that is purist enough - considering how that particular technology works.

And most orchestral covers of game music sucked - the arrangement, the performance, etc. Youtube is littered with it - plus the generally awful capture in a good chunk of the cases.

AoD

I got sucked into Spotify back in 2015 when I switched to Fido and they gave me a free Spotify Premium subscription for two years. I ended up getting too lazy to torrent music (and mind you, I had a membership at What.CD at the time so I had full access to pretty much anything anyone could've want) and now I'm finding it hard to go back to my old ways

I'm not sure what Jason was referring to, but Apple Music allows one to integrate one's own digital collection (paid downloads,CD rips, etc.) with the streaming service. For example, you could create a playlist containing both your own stuff and songs on the streaming service. The ability to supplement one's own collection with 45 million additional tunes could certainly be seen as revolutionizing one's collection.
That's exactly what I meant. Also, as I'm a complete Apple person, I have no reason to foresee myself ever leaving the service. So it is essentially all my collection.

Spotify user as part of a family plan. I can tell you that it’s an issue if your account runs into problems when you are out of the country. You can’t get back into the account until you return to Canada

Spotify user as part of a family plan. I can tell you that it’s an issue if your account runs into problems when you are out of the country. You can’t get back into the account until you return to Canada
Care to elaborate? My free 2 year premium subscription expired while I was in Europe last summer but I was still able to renew my subscription and even verify that I'm a student so as to get the discount

I received an email from them that my account was compromised and I needed to reset it. I phoned them and they had to delete the old account and I had to set up a new one but because I was in the US I couldn’t complete the registration until I came back home, even though I was doing all of this under their guidance and leadership with live support. It was indeed frustrating.

Back