Musée (Plazacorp) - Real Estate -

There was an agreement with excavation and staging between Oneeleven and Musée.
More on it here: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...-at-Adelaide-Harhay-Carttera-17s-Core)/page12

Oneeleven hit their sales target was ready to go a while ago, but Musée's sales started later and was slower to sell as it is twice the size so it wasn't so much of a delay for Musée.
There was a masterplan for that entire block east to Portland Street which originally included the scheme for Context's 620 King development, so all of the developers were more or less working together with the City on this. Laneways and alleys for this block will be added, reworked or improved which will definitely improve pedestrian traffic and the quality of the neighbourhood.

Hey NX6288,

What floor is your unit on? Spoke to them last week and they said they're starting from bottom up..

The finish selection should move extremely quickly as it only involves choosing 1 out of the 3 interior packages, and they won't do any upgrades or substitutions.

I was contacted to come in for colour selection in early March.

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes!

I went into the presentation centre now located at 50 wellesley st e. There are four pre-selected packages to choose from and the only substitution you are able to make is the flooring.

I went into the presentation centre now located at 50 wellesley st e. There are four pre-selected packages to choose from and the only substitution you are able to make is the flooring.

Anybody have pictures or details of the selections? What if I want some extra electrical in the ceiling for future lighting done? Or if I want a stand up shower instead of a tub? Are these included in the colour selection?

I visited the presentation centre on sunday just to do a little bit of research and there are 4 pre-selected packages with flooring being the only substitution. I didn't like any of the kitchen back splash options and am wondering if i can just have that installed myself.

I asked the sales rep if they had the current sell-thru % and he didn't have that info but he did show me that there are only 2 units left of my floorplan.

I also noticed that in the newer presentation books, the den is listed as 9x7'11 but in my book it's 9x8'11 so I'm wondering if that's just a printing error or something more. Either way, he assured me that whatever I signed for is what I'll be getting.

I visited the presentation centre on sunday just to do a little bit of research and there are 4 pre-selected packages with flooring being the only substitution. I didn't like any of the kitchen back splash options and am wondering if i can just have that installed myself.

I asked the sales rep if they had the current sell-thru % and he didn't have that info but he did show me that there are only 2 units left of my floorplan.

I also noticed that in the newer presentation books, the den is listed as 9x7'11 but in my book it's 9x8'11 so I'm wondering if that's just a printing error or something more. Either way, he assured me that whatever I signed for is what I'll be getting.

I could be wrong about this nx6288, but that final bit about the change in room size I wouldn't take the selling agents word for it. I think there is fine print in the agreement of purchase that stipulates room sizing is only approximate. Just be prepared to perhaps have a smaller den than what is written in your presentation book.

I could be wrong about this nx6288, but that final bit about the change in room size I wouldn't take the selling agents word for it. I think there is fine print in the agreement of purchase that stipulates room sizing is only approximate. Just be prepared to perhaps have a smaller den than what is written in your presentation book.

@ nx6288, sadly pmilo is correct.
the developers can get away with changes in room sizes and even total unit size without it being considered a "material change", or at least no one has bothered to challenge them with it since we've been in 15 years of escalating prices of what normally is a 7 year business cycle ...

isn't it wonderful how manipulation by BofC (and central banks everywhere) have affected asset classes around the world / end sarcasm

@ nx6288, sadly pmilo is correct.
the developers can get away with changes in room sizes and even total unit size without it being considered a "material change", or at least no one has bothered to challenge them with it since we've been in 15 years of escalating prices of what normally is a 7 year business cycle ...

isn't it wonderful how manipulation by BofC (and central banks everywhere) have affected asset classes around the world / end sarcasm

That really sucks...guess I can't turn that room into a 2nd bedroom anymore.

That really sucks...guess I can't turn that room into a 2nd bedroom anymore.

Have you spoken with a lawyer? A lawyer was telling me that he was just won 8 clients over 40k compensation ea for a certain amount of error by the builder. Builders are getting away with a lot and I didn't ask him what developer. For units that had substantial misrepresentation. Would you like me to PM you details. You can give a quick phone call and explain the situation but only can prove it when the unit is finally occupied.

Last edited:
Have you spoken with a lawyer? A lawyer was telling me that he was just won 8 clients over 40k compensation ea for a certain amount of error by the builder. Builders are getting away with a lot and I didn't ask him what developer. For units that had substantial misrepresentation. Would you like me to PM you details. You can give a quick phone call and explain the situation but only can prove it when the unit is finally occupied.

This is good to hear. I'm sure if more people actually took the time out to get a lawyer and sue builders for some of the crap they pull, there would be many instances of the above. Problem is people figure they won't win so don't even bother.

As cdr108 stated earlier, that change in size of Den (less than 10 sq.ft) does not constitute a material change and wouldn't get you anywhere if you decided to go to Court. Promising direct subway access and not delivering or 10 feet ceilings and getting 8 is a different story.

As cdr108 stated earlier, that change in size of Den (less than 10 sq.ft) does not constitute a material change and wouldn't get you anywhere if you decided to go to Court. Promising direct subway access and not delivering or 10 feet ceilings and getting 8 is a different story.

I think it would be hard to argue that a 10% reduction in 1 room size was a material change. Even if it was, going to court is not an option for most people. By the time you pay the lawyer and go to court, even if you win, you are out a lot of money.
I agree that some things are more relevant than others: Direct subway access or the 10 foot ceiling vs. 8 feet.
Hopefully you will find out the final measurements are close to what you thought. Also, you can get a bed in 9 x 8 foot room vs. 9x9 foot room so the argument that it can't be used as such is tenuous at best anyhow.

Back