News   Apr 22, 2024
 813     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 689     0 

Movember misogynist?

Since women don't go into women's washrooms and wave their vaginas or other body parts around, it's not a concern. She'd use a stall like any other woman.

How would you label public washrooms? Could the person mentioned above walk into a women's washroom and wave his dick around?

Is that how you use the washroom?

If anyone walks into a washroom and acts inappropriately, that is inappropriate, regardless of gender identity. Nobody is asking for the right to sexually harass people in public washrooms, so please do not act as though trans people want to walk into washrooms and flash people or "wave their dick around".

We are such an unforgiving society for anyone who deviates even slightly from the norm. People are desperately trying to live their lives the only way they know how to comfortably live, and then people treat them like perverts for innocently trying to use the right washroom. Makes me legitimately sad.

Since women don't go into women's washrooms and wave their vaginas or other body parts around, it's not a concern. She'd use a stall like any other woman.

This quote = what rational reasoning looks like.

I've gone my whole life without being harassed in any way by a trans individual. I've had several uncomfortable situations with various men and women over the years, but never a trans person. To be honest, the majority of trans individuals are probably some of the most inhibited people in our society, because of their fear for being "found out" or harassed/attacked. Unfortunately, even in Canada in 2013, it's not safe to be a trans person.

People should not have to fit into the majority's conception of gender. What matters is the way we treat others. Pretty simple stuff, folks.

Last edited:
The original question was how would you label public washrooms.

The way they are now. Men and women. People who identify as men use that one, and people who identify as women use that one. Chances are, no one will be waving body parts so it will all be fine.

The other alternative is to move away from gendered washrooms entirely and provide individual washrooms in a building. It's not always feasible but it also works. This has been done with changerooms (see Regent Park Aquatic Centre, etc.) as well. A lot of people want a very high degree of privacy from other people in washrooms and changerooms these days, regardless of gender or sexuality.

One place I worked had the usual bathrooms but also had an individual bathroom for those with accessibility needs. Best of all worlds!

Back