1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 694     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Most Dangerous Neighbourhood(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tranny hookers on Homewood are charming gals. I say hi everytime I walk by them. It's a tough life.

This thread is starting to devolve into the same pattern where a random experience or anecdote serves a justification to write off some of Toronto's most vibrant & liveable neighbourhoods.

So in the same spirit, Yorkville is a dive! Full of smelly hippies and subversive Neil Young types! Yuck!

are you really comparing smelly hippies to a drunk/high man with a broken beer bottle cursing and looking to start a fight???? please

I live in scarborough, visited friends in regent park, jane+finch, even visited slums in 3rd world countries and I've never felt as much as a potential victim as I did that night in the sherbourne-dundas area.

Please read the Star article which btw is based on STATISTICS not hearsay.

Dundas-Sherbourne ranks No. 1 in violence

Last edited:
It's an interesting thing about the area around Dundas/Sherbourne is that the homeless people there will rarely ask for change. They sure will chat sometimes, though. I had some really good talks with this one dude wearing a half-shirt in October about Barack Obama and the American election.

are you really comparing smelly hippies to a drunk/high man with a broken beer bottle cursing and looking to start a fight???? please

I was trying to imply that your experience with the area is so dated that it's no longer representative. Hippies don't represent Yorkville anymore either, that was the bloody point.

I was just wondering why Ryerson University is so closely located to Dundas and Sherborne.

Is Ryerson a safe campus being so close to that area?

I've only been there in the day, so I'm really not sure of the answer.

well you really only see sketchy people on the border of the campus along Dundas, Sherborne and such...

Inside the area you do not see many such people at all.

I was just wondering why Ryerson University is so closely located to Dundas and Sherborne.

Because the heart of Ryerson emerged from this--and as "campus facilities" expanded over the years, yes, Dundas + Sherbourne is within eyesight...

Dundas east of Yonge attracts a lot of "sketchy" people.

It's an interesting thing about the area around Dundas/Sherbourne is that the homeless people there will rarely ask for change. They sure will chat sometimes, though. I had some really good talks with this one dude wearing a half-shirt in October about Barack Obama and the American election.
Yeah, I have a similar experience with the area. Even in general, Toronto's homeless (we have a lot of them) and homeless people in other cities can be a real blast to talk to. I find they're usually happy to talk, and the subjects are as varied as they are interesting. EDIT: (which is to say a lot!)

Is Ryerson a safe campus being so close to that area?

I've only been there in the day, so I'm really not sure of the answer.

my brother had night classes at Ryerson a few years back and he told me of a few times where security had to kick out drunk/mental/high homeless out of classrooms so they defintiely wander around and security can't be everywhere at all times.

well some sketchy people mind their own business others scare people especially Women.

If a crazy walks by yelling and screaming, to us guys we go whatever. However to women it makes them feels very uncomfortable and unsafe.

I know a lot of people who won't go around that area after dark at all no matter what.

well some sketchy people mind their own business others scare people especially Women.

If a crazy walks by yelling and screaming, to us guys we go whatever. However to women it makes them feels very uncomfortable and unsafe.

I know a lot of people who won't go around that area after dark at all no matter what.

Ya when you see someone dressed like Gandalf your in for some interesting experiences. Middle earth is not a neighborhood but I'm sure there's place's like it in Brampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back