News   May 21, 2024
 469     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 512     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 396     0 

Monorail for Toronto

Also, I'm in Japan right now riding all sorts of wacky transit systems, including maglev, AGT and Monorail. Here are a couple of shot I took of the awesome Tokyo Monorail and Tama-Toshi Monorail. This would have been great as a Downtown Relief Line along the waterfront. It's great here that they just build what's needed instead of just endlessly arguing about stuff and never building anything. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    540.2 KB · Views: 1,709
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 1,156
This would very well be Canada's first Maglev operation.

It certainly would be, and would be a great closure to the Krauss-Maffei Maglev project for the Ex so many decades ago. It would be the first open to the public maglev in North America, in fact.

Also, I'm in Japan right now riding all sorts of wacky transit systems, including maglev, AGT and Monorail. Here are a couple of shot I took of the awesome Tokyo Monorail and Tama-Toshi Monorail. This would have been great as a Downtown Relief Line along the waterfront. It's great here that they just build what's needed instead of just endlessly arguing about stuff and never building anything. :)

View attachment 71666

View attachment 71651

View attachment 71656

View attachment 71658

I hear those things are awfully loud...

If by "better than that" you mean propagating a lame and tired attempt at humour that isn't based on facts or evidence, then sure. That's pretty much what I've come to expect. ;)

Yeah, this is the monorail thread. There's really no need to have the Simpsons reference every 5 pages.

Also... wait... the Toronto Zoo proposal is both mag-lev and monorail? I wonder how that works.

I can't see it happening; Given how poorly the ZOO has been doing as of late (lower attendance) tight budgets, (Pandas haven't been the draw they were expected too), how could they afford this, when very few people would call it an attraction in of itself :( Mind you many of us would be an exception to that, but the majority of the public wouldn't be.

I can't see it happening; Given how poorly the ZOO has been doing as of late (lower attendance) tight budgets, (Pandas haven't been the draw they were expected too), how could they afford this, when very few people would call it an attraction in of itself :( Mind you many of us would be an exception to that, but the majority of the public wouldn't be.
What would they have to afford, if it is free? Just staffing, etc. - which surely is little different than the zoomobile.

The issue previously wasn't that they couldn't afford the operating costs. But they couldn't afford the capital costs.

They can afford it because it will cost them absolutely nothing for a period of 5 years. In fact, they'd get a 50/50 split of the net operating revenues. So they're literally getting a new system (for free) to replace an older and less exciting system (which they're paying for). I honestly don't really see a downside to this, unless the thing starts to crap out after 5 years + 1 day.

Back