News   Apr 26, 2024
 517     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 208     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 684     0 

miWay Transit

Council today give a life line to 74 (City Centre Shuttle bus), but unless more riders use it as well getting more sponsors, it will be dead in 6 months if not sooner.

Even though I got council to agree that the route is a poor business case from day one, I could not get them to take that final step to cancel the route come Oct 20.

74 Sunday service is cancel as of Oct 20. Mon-Sat hours will be 10 am to 7pm. A saving of 31.5 hours per week that can be put to better use elsewhere.

It supposed to carry 2.02-3.75 per trip, but from what I have seen, 90% of the trips are empty at various point along the route as well time and day of the week. Cost ratio 9.5%-17%.

Various councilors had issue with staff on routes, funding and the wrap on the bus as it was not done as instructed before the service hit the road. There was supposed to be a route map on the bus with a large $1 sign on the bus as well a logo for My Mississauga. The wrap was paid for by Sq One 100% and that explain the missing info.

Transit Service Changes - Effective September 2, 2008

11 Westwood - Daily NEW
Revised routing will provide southbound service via Goreway, Derry/Rexdale, Highway 27and Burnhamthorpe to Islington Subway. Northbound service via Bloor/Dundas to Highway 27, Rexdale/Derry, Goreway to Westwood Mall.

11A Westwood-Darcel - Monday to Saturday
Revised routing will provide southbound service via Morning Star, Darcel, Netherbrae, Rexwood, Derry/Rexdale, Highway 27, Dundas, and Islington Ave. to Islington Subway. Northbound service via Bloor/Dundas, Highway 27, Derry/Rexdale, Rexwood, Netherbrae, Darcel, Morning Star to Westwood Mall.

11B Westwood-Nashua NEW
Weekday Rush Hours Only
AM northbound rush hour routing will provide service via Bloor/Dundas to Highway 27, Rexdale/Derry, Rexwood, Nashua and Goreway to Westwood Mall. Southbound PM rush hours routing will provide service from Westwood Mall via Goreway,Nashua, Rexwood, Derry/Rexdale, Highway 27, Dundas, and Islington Ave to Islington Subway. For more detailed schedule information on all Westwood Routes (11,11A and 11B), visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

41 Thomas/Erin Mills Town Centre - Daily NEW
New route will provide service to the Churchill Meadows area. Routing starts at Erin Centre Blvd. and Ninth Line, right on Ninth Line, right on Tacc Dr., left on Churchill Meadows Blvd., right on Thomas St., right on Glen Erin Dr., and left on Erin Centre Blvd., to Erin Mills Town Centre. For information, visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

41A Thomas/Streetsville GO NEW
Weekday Rush Hours Only
This new AM/PM rush hour route will provide ervice to/from Route 41 area, and will continue along Thomas St to the Streetsville GO Station during Milton GO train service hours. For information, visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

43 Speakman - Weekday
Additional weekday evening service provided. For information visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

46 Tenth Line NEW
Weekday Rush Hours Only
This new route will provide service linking the Lisgar GO Station with the Erin Mills Town Centre via Tenth Line and Erin Centre Blvd. For information visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

49 McDowell/Erin Mills Town Centre - Daily REVISED
Revised Route will travel along McDowell Dr. Routing starts at Ninth Line and Thomas St., McDowell Dr., Winston Churchill Blvd., Erin Centre Blvd. to Erin Mills Town Centre. For information visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

49A McDowell-Streetsville GO REVISED
Weekday Rush Hours Only
This revised route will provide rush hour service between the revised McDowell area covered by Route 49 and the Streetsville GO Station. From Winston Churchill Blvd, buses will turn east on Thomas St. and continue all the way to the Streetsville GO Station during Milton GO train service hours. For information visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

CHURCHILL MEADOWS TRANSIT SERVICE -

66 McLaughlin - Daily
Upon opening of the new bridge over Highway 403, this route will continue from McLaughlin Rd across Eglinton Ave. and onto Confederation Parkway, reaching the Square One area via Rathburn Rd. Current Route 66 service to Eglinton Ave., east of McLaughlin Rd., Hurontario St. between Eglinton Ave. and Rathburn Rd., as well as Rathburn Rd. east of the City Centre Transit Terminal will be cancelled. For new schedule and revised bus stop information, visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

110 University - Weekdays
Revised AM rush hour departure times. For new schedule, visit www.mississaugatransit.com or call 905-615-INFO (4636).

288 Wonderland Express - Weekends Only
Limited weekend service will remain until October 12.

SCHOOL SERVICES
All School Routes in service during the previous academic year. Routes 301 to 334 will return as of September 2 with AM and PM departure times suitable for new school times. Two new school routes will also be providing service to the Churchill Meadows area:

NEW Route 321 Stephen Lewis Secondary School
NEW Route 322 St Joan of Arc Secondary School

Still no changes to the 89 or 10? That's good. I'm not looking forward to less service in my area.

Still no changes to the 89 or 10? That's good. I'm not looking forward to less service in my area.

Still a lot more changes to come of the next 6 months. Pre-rapid transit route 109 will replace part of the 89 in October. The 109 will be an all-day express route similar to the 110, serving Meadowvale, Erin Mills TC, Sq One, Airport Corporate Centre, and Islington.

Major changes also coming to routes 38, 39, and 68. I suspect the 68 will be extended to replace route 38 service on Bancroft, Britannia, and Silken Laumann, which sucks big time for me. On the other hand, it will be nice to finally have a direct route to Sq One without transfer.

The 39 will also finally be extended to Airport Corporate Centre in January, and I have been waiting a long time for this, and IMO this is the final nail in the coffin for the 89. With this combination of an 35, 39, and 109, I don't really see the point of the 89.

Another service change, another while without addressing the quagmire that is Hurontario. They really should, at the very least, revisit the 19A and beef up the 202. What's new?

Another service change, another while without addressing the quagmire that is Hurontario. They really should, at the very least, revisit the 19A and beef up the 202. What's new?

The 202 will be replaced by the 102 next year... current rush hour service is 4 minutes for 19/202 combined. I think it should be 3 minutes at least.

It's quite interesting that someone known for her rabid anti-Americanism four years ago is running on a No! Taxes! Ever! message.

^ I assume you are referring to Mayor-in-waiting Parrish.

This comment surely should be in a separate thread for Miss. politics.

Has she actually said any such thing? If so, I'd like to know how she intends to deliver on such a pledge, as everyone else is saying that Miss. is facing some serious tax increases in coming years.

The 202 will be replaced by the 102 next year... current rush hour service is 4 minutes for 19/202 combined. I think it should be 3 minutes at least.

That a big mistake trying to combine both routes when they offer different service in the first place. 202 has little impact on 19 or support for it.

How many 19's are less or more than 4 minutes apart from 10 am to 8 pm?? Same question for the weekend.

I came down from SW last week on a 202 at 5:30 that carry a total of 31 riders for the route to CP. 8 on the bus when we left SW. Pickup 8 and drop 6. Pickup 8 and drop 2, pickup 6 and drop 4, pickup and drop 1, drop 1, drop 1 and pickup 1, drop 13 at Elm and pickup 1. Zero for CP. Saw 2 202 going north and they had less than 20 riders on them. One of them only pickup 1 rider at RS and that's par for courses.

19A needs to go to Derry to help the 19. Came down the same week from SW at 1400 on a 19 and it carry 150 in total from SW to Sq One at crush load. Max load was 67. We had 57 on when we hit the terminal and 45 got off and 20 got on.

Unless 102 gets a total makeover and better headway, it will be a flop.

^ I assume you are referring to Mayor-in-waiting Parrish.

This comment surely should be in a separate thread for Miss. politics.

Has she actually said any such thing? If so, I'd like to know how she intends to deliver on such a pledge, as everyone else is saying that Miss. is facing some serious tax increases in coming years.

That is why she wants to make transit and a few other items as a line item to point her finger where to make the cuts.

She speaks differently at each council meetings surrounding transit and today was no different. She supported my recommendation to cancel 74 come Oct, yet she said the route should be re market and put the $1 logo on the bus. It was the same thing when it came too the $1.03/lt for diesel fuel for the 2009 budget compare to the $.83 for 2008 budget that costing $1.20 now.

She thinks sell hydro will solve cash flow and to fix things now as well lower the tax hike for the next 2 years with nothing coming in down the road as a source of income not on the taxpayer shoulders.

Still a lot more changes to come of the next 6 months. Pre-rapid transit route 109 will replace part of the 89 in October. The 109 will be an all-day express route similar to the 110, serving Meadowvale, Erin Mills TC, Sq One, Airport Corporate Centre, and Islington.

Major changes also coming to routes 38, 39, and 68. I suspect the 68 will be extended to replace route 38 service on Bancroft, Britannia, and Silken Laumann, which sucks big time for me. On the other hand, it will be nice to finally have a direct route to Sq One without transfer.

The 39 will also finally be extended to Airport Corporate Centre in January, and I have been waiting a long time for this, and IMO this is the final nail in the coffin for the 89. With this combination of an 35, 39, and 109, I don't really see the point of the 89.

IF the 68 services Bancroft, I'd welcome that. It won't make me welcome losing a one-seat ride to Islington though. 109 sounds good in theory, if you live near one of the points where it picks people up.

That a big mistake trying to combine both routes when they offer different service in the first place. 202 has little impact on 19 or support for it.

How many 19's are less or more than 4 minutes apart from 10 am to 8 pm?? Same question for the weekend.

I came down from SW last week on a 202 at 5:30 that carry a total of 31 riders for the route to CP. 8 on the bus when we left SW. Pickup 8 and drop 6. Pickup 8 and drop 2, pickup 6 and drop 4, pickup and drop 1, drop 1, drop 1 and pickup 1, drop 13 at Elm and pickup 1. Zero for CP. Saw 2 202 going north and they had less than 20 riders on them. One of them only pickup 1 rider at RS and that's par for courses.

19A needs to go to Derry to help the 19. Came down the same week from SW at 1400 on a 19 and it carry 150 in total from SW to Sq One at crush load. Max load was 67. We had 57 on when we hit the terminal and 45 got off and 20 got on.

Unless 102 gets a total makeover and better headway, it will be a flop.

Here's the PM peak departures from Shoppers World (to show what it looks like for the service from Britannia north). Route 19 Buses are every 11-12 minutes, and there are 5 Brampton routes that are better than that in the PM peak - 1, 2, 7, 11, 18. In bold are the 202 departures.

Route 202 used to be every 18 minutes, now it is typical MT variable, when it can come 18, 19, 20 or 59 minutes apart. The 202 is of very limited use because of the screw-up of the schedules, and 19A buses north of Eglinton are often half-empty, and make a silly mega loop on the north end, while 19 buses are packed solid.

3:10 PM
3:22 PM
3:25 PM
3:33 PM
3:43 PM
3:45 PM
3:57 PM
4:01 PM
4:09 PM
4:20 PM
4:20 PM
4:32 PM
4:40 PM
4:43 PM
4:55 PM
4:59 PM
5:06 PM
5:17 PM
5:18 PM
5:29 PM
5:35 PM
5:41 PM
5:52 PM
6:05 PM
6:16 PM
6:28 PM
6:34 PM
6:39 PM
6:51 PM

I believe that buses should just be taken off of the 19A and put onto the 19. The 19A is a good idea in principle, but its frequency should be reduced to 18 minutes and service south of the QEW should be eliminated. According to my calculations, this should free up enough buses to increase the frequency of the main route 19 to 8 minutes. This alone would increase the capacity of the 19/202 north of Britannia by 30%.

And of course, the 202 (and later 102) also should have much better service than now - because the frequency is not competitive with the 19/19A - and some of the stops should be relocated to more convenient locations. That said, I think it has high ridership already, despite what drum118 says.

Doady, that would be just fine. The 202 does take a lot of passengers off the 19 regular north of Britannia, but the schedule needs a lot of work, and it should be at a minimum, every 15 minutes from 3PM (when the schools get out) to 7:00PM, and if the regular 19 goes to every 8 minutes as well, that would be sufficient until the 102 is introduced.

I guess messing around with the Erin Mills/Churchill Meadows routing yet again is the top priority. The 109 sounds like it should be a useful route at least.

Back