News   Jul 25, 2024
 760     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 678     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 509     0 

Mississauga: Parking to be charged in MCC

This is not Toronto. If we start with pay-parking in the City Centre, then tomorrow it'll be at your doorstep. This will be a ripple effect.

There are 7 retail units right now on the main floor of the joint Living Arts Drive condominiums (across from City Hall). This includes Hasty Market, CompuMe Computers, Great Lakes Dental, RemedyRx with a walk-in clinic, Second Cup and Edessa Hair Salon. Why would anyone consider coming to these stores if there is pay parking, considering there are all of these types of stores across the street at other locations (except the computer store) that offer free parking? Even though $2 is peanuts, it's the principal of it that would scare people off.

I don't see all the traffic congestion that seems to be the issue in this area according to City Hall. If there is going to be pay parking in front of these stores, then maybe there should be pay parking at the Living Arts Centre and the Central Library which are all funded by the City of Mississauga through our taxes.

There are 7 retail units right now on the main floor of the joint Living Arts Drive condominiums (across from City Hall). This includes Hasty Market, CompuMe Computers, Great Lakes Dental, RemedyRx with a walk-in clinic, Second Cup and Edessa Hair Salon. Why would anyone consider coming to these stores if there is pay parking, considering there are all of these types of stores across the street at other locations (except the computer store) that offer free parking? Even though $2 is peanuts, it's the principal of it that would scare people off.

I don't see all the traffic congestion that seems to be the issue in this area according to City Hall. If there is going to be pay parking in front of these stores, then maybe there should be pay parking at the Living Arts Centre and the Central Library which are all funded by the City of Mississauga through our taxes.

The companies that lease those retail units should be speaking with their landlord about providing free parking to customers. There is retail parking provided in that complex. Why should the city be forced to provide it?

To your second point, pay parking at the Civic Centre/LAC/Library is coming.

I think pay parking means that Mississauga has finally made it as a World-Class City(TM).

Then you can pay for my parking.

Everyone who pays property taxes to the City of Mississauga is paying for your parking right now. Why should they? Free parking is not a right, and it is not that uncommon in central areas even those outside of large cities: everything from downtown Toronto to downtown Campbellford.

This is the kind of backlash that suburbanites are going to have when they see that the city is starting to actually become a city. I expect more of this to come :p

free_parking should free his or herself of parking and take public transit and/or walk.

The meters are in and turned on...with noticeably-fewer people parking on the streets

06052009721.jpg

Apart from the obvious at Square One there's usually some free parking available along Webb Drive or in the office parking lot near the corner of Webb and Confederation Parkway if you don't mind a short walk.

Back