News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Mississauga: Ninth Line Lands redevelopment

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
https://www.insauga.com/some-residents-concerned-about-huge-proposed-development-in-mississauga
Image1.png

A new park and community centre are being built in the foreground.
DJI_0887.JPG

DJI_0889.JPG

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    604.2 KB · Views: 2,501
  • DJI_0887.JPG
    DJI_0887.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 2,621
  • DJI_0889.JPG
    DJI_0889.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 3,059
On a serious note, it's such a shame we didn't build the yellow belt in this way to begin with (townhouses and low rise apartments). We could have had so much more housing stock and room for parks/rec/green space. I think we will forever regret this.

On a serious note, it's such a shame we didn't build the yellow belt in this way to begin with (townhouses and low rise apartments). We could have had so much more housing stock and room for parks/rec/green space. I think we will forever regret this.
Still not ideal, as this is incredibly car-oriented. What we really need is to make complete communities. The real shame is that we didn't take the opportunity to build TOD complete communities around GO stations (like streetcar suburbs), and forgot to reserve ROWs for regional rail to make more of them.

Still not ideal, as this is incredibly car-oriented. What we really need is to make complete communities. The real shame is that we didn't take the opportunity to build TOD complete communities around GO stations (like streetcar suburbs), and forgot to reserve ROWs for regional rail to make more of them.

Yes, of course. I left out many of the details in my wistful wishes, but in my vision, midrise suburbia would be criss crossed by protected biking lanes and BRT. I was referring solely to the format of the residential density.

Back