News   Sep 16, 2024
 452     0 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 968     2 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 603     0 

Mississauga Dixie Rd/QEW New Interchange (MTO, 1s, AECOM)

Still a while to go on this one, unfortunately. The contract isn't due to wrap up until 2026.

Looking at what needs to be done still, I admit that seems long.. I would figure a fall 2025 wrap up here.

Sept 3
Was planning on getting close up shots on the weekend, but did not happen.

The draining pond has been empty with work taking place on it. Crews were installing rebar for footings along the new off ramp that still needs to see curbs pour for it as well pave. Sill a lot of drainage to be installed for the new off ramp to the new Dixie Rd along with traffic lights.

Handrailing on the new overpass as well the retaining wall for the service road east of Dixie. Over all, not much left to be done for the new Dixie Rd other at the north end to have it open this fall. Crews were looking over the new service road west of Dixie that is ready to be open.

Nothing new for the south pedestrian ramp. Parts of the south ramp is poured and 100% form with no work on the bridge floor

Once the new road is open, the current access to the QEW will be close to allow the removal of the old bridge and building the rams to/from the QEW. Them there is the building of the eastbound lane and sidewalk for the westside of Dixie that cannot happen until the old road is remove as well the ramp to the QEW going west.

See no reason why this project will not be completed by the end of 2025.

Photos to follow.

The new bridge is open as of Thursday as well as the new alignment of south service road.
I wondering what they are doing for traffic lights as none were installed on Sept 3 when I saw it. Does that mean the eastbound North Service road is open to the new road or still close??

To go westbound on the new ramp will most likely see a cut off lane before the interchange until the new ramp is built for it as well the eastbound and having working traffic lights.
1725652875334.jpeg
1725652875334.jpeg

Attachments

• 1725652963687.jpeg
    1725652963687.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 6

Back