939     0 

Mississauga Celebration Square Redevelopment (CS&P Architects) COMPLETE

from today
2010-12-17011.jpg

2010-12-17018.jpg

2010-12-17019.jpg

2010-12-17012.jpg

2010-12-17021.jpg

Drove by the site today. The screen looked massive from the glimpse I got and these pictures reinforce that.

Loving the updates, thanks! The green glass on those two new structures appears to match the copper roof nicely.

I think there is a difference. N.P. Square in Toronto was, in the opinion of many, pretty good as it was, and not obviously in need of a massive overhaul. That's not true of the area around Miss. City Hall, which was very poorly designed back in the early 80s, featuring forbidding walls apparently intended to block views and to keep people out. It needed a complete rethink, and most people accepted that.

The city hall should also have been built right on Burnhamthorpe instead of a block north. That way you wouldn't need TWO squares across the street from each other to make city hall visible from Burnhamthorpe.

I think the media wall is turning out better than the various renderings so far. Curious to see how the rest of it (especially the back facing Burnhamthorpe) develops.

Jan 14 visit
[video=youtube;VwT8g8gRHQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwT8g8gRHQo[/video]

http://www.bizbash.com/toronto/content/resource/856463_mississauga_celebration_square.php

Overview
Located outside of Mississauga City Hall in the downtown core, Mississauga Celebration Square is a vibrant 6.6 acre site featuring a large 147-foot by 155-foot outdoor ice rink, two programmable Mitsubishi ‘Diamond Vision’ Screens, six digital ribbon screens, a two-storey covered main stage, high performance sound and lighting equipment, and a 300-seat fully equipped amphitheatre. Mississauga Celebration Square can support event crowds of up to 50,000 people!

Memorable Moments
The redevelopment of the Civic Square is scheduled to be complete by summer 2011. Join us as we celebrate Canada Day 2011 on the new Square!

Back