News   Apr 23, 2024
 506     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 387     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 634     0 

Mississauga Celebration Square Redevelopment (CS&P Architects) COMPLETE

So Mississauga's completed civic square renovation looks better than our in-progress civic square renovation (ignoring the new green roof). Sounds like a great reason to move from a city that's generally superior in every other way. Not that I loathe Mississauga or anything, but the only thing it comes close to Toronto in, is its geographic location.

So Mississauga's completed civic square renovation looks better than our in-progress civic square renovation (ignoring the new green roof). Sounds like a great reason to move from a city that's generally superior in every other way. Not that I loathe Mississauga or anything, but the only thing it comes close to Toronto in, is its geographic location.

I and others cannot figure where the $40m went for this square.

As for Toronto square, what decade will it be finish? At the rate of things I see today, real slow.

The Toronto Sun - Tuesday June 21

Mississauga Celebration Square will be hosting performances for the IIFA's (Bollywood) on June 24(originals, basic), June 25(live feed of awards, musicians) and June 26(world record dance)

The tables and chairs have arrived...
20110621037.jpg

How long until those chairs and/or tables are stolen for someone's balcony? lol

Yeah, also, doesn't the 40mil include the skating rink chilling equipment, the pumping and compressor system for the water feature, two large video boards, the electronic billboard, stage lighting and sound system, etc, etc, as well? It's not like the city of Mississauga paid $40 mil to lay new grass, plant a couple of trees and repave everything.

Isn't Nathan Philip Square's estimated redevelopment cost $45million? Isn't the scope of work almost the same? i.e stage, skating rink, concession, new gardens etc. So comparing Mississauga's and Toronto's civic squares, which one is better value? Or, are both of them not worth their price tags?

Those are some seriously cheap looking tables and chairs.

Yeah, they look like IKEA patio furniture lol. Perhaps a good portion of the $40 million price tag includes an almost limitless supply of cheap tables and chairs to replace the ones that will be stolen or vandalized.

We were talking in cambers as to how long these chairs and tables will last here before they start walking. Wouldn't be that long.

I found the feed back/echo quite high. I can see the across the street folks are not going to like that. It would be interesting to hear what staff who were working in City Hall thought about the sound from today, considering both issues were raised from Day one by council and were told there would be no problem.

Too bad the weather was the pits.

I know about the $4m garage cost, as it was not part of the orginal plan, but doing it at the same time was the right move.

Interesting related to the floor mat, as it will cut down on the wear and tear of the grass.

For those whose who though ppl and bikes should not be in the pond, its welcome by the city. On a hot summer day, ppl will love the spread and will run through them, like they do at Dundas Square.

Forget Toronto, Mississauga touts its own revamped square for outdoor parties

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/22/forget-toronto-mississauga-touts-its-own-revamped-square-for-outdoor-celebrations/

I am incredibly proud of this new public space.

Many of you recall that it began several years ago with the PlaceMaking consultations, planning and design process that many UT Mississauga members participated in.

I believe many would agree with me that it is undoubtedly the BEST civic square in all of Canada!

Louroz

Back