News   Apr 24, 2024
 949     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 619     0 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

I so wish I could see the photos but it seems that many of the images lately have been replaced with a box that says "Sorry. This person moved or deleted this image photobucket

:~(

What happened to the images?

Paul

Sorry, all. I was uploading images on the Photobucket app on my IPhone and inadvertently moved the album to a sub-album, thereby breaking all the links (arrrgh!!!). Anyone have any quick solutions short of me re-editing all my posts for the last 6 months?

I don't have Photobucket, so I don't know if this will work, but can you cut it from the sub-album and paste it back to where it was?
Sorry, all. I was uploading images on the Photobucket app on my IPhone and inadvertently moved the album to a sub-album, thereby breaking all the links (arrrgh!!!). Anyone have any quick solutions short of me re-editing all my posts for the last 6 months?

The fries were ordinary enough but the sandwich used meat off a roasted chicken - like the meat in the hot chicken sandwich [sliced white bread, gravy, peas] that used to be available at Swiss Chalet. Terrific; as was the cole slaw. I won't say 'slaw'; that's so American.

I grew up in Ohio and it was always "cole slaw." Just "slaw" must be a regionalism.

I hope Mustapha doesn't mind me doing one...

I've posted this picture in a couple threads now but I recently got an accompanying "Now" shot, so I thought you guys would appreciate it.

Then.

CN Tower and First Canadian Place under construction, the rail yards dominate Toronto south of Front (1975):

BosO8ysCMAAai_B.jpg

Now.

Streetview image of approximately the same location. Sorry for the lesser quality:

UYah0RX.jpg

Source for both images here.

Last edited:
View south from the Imperial Oil Building, 1950's:

viewsouthimperial.jpg

viewsouthimperial2.jpg

Today:

imperial-plaza-south-view.jpg

Attachments

• viewsouthimperial.jpg
    viewsouthimperial.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,087
  • viewsouthimperial2.jpg
    viewsouthimperial2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • imperial-plaza-south-view.jpg
    imperial-plaza-south-view.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,049
Front and Portland (think I did this once before, but without the early 1970's pic from the Naylor fonds):

1910:

frontportland1910.jpg

1970's:

frontportland1960s.jpg

Today:

frontportland2.jpg

Attachments

• frontportland1910.jpg
    frontportland1910.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • frontportland1960s.jpg
    frontportland1960s.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,086
  • frontportland2.jpg
    frontportland2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:
Interesting how thoroughly the Nedco on Front was resurrected and restored without a prompt...

Back