News   Jul 09, 2024
 55     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 336     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 372     0 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

Indeed. Still, the old building has been replaced, and the neighbourhood redefined, by a performing arts centre that's well-used by the general public, with nice second floor views across to popular Berczy Park - with its trees and seating around the fountain ( which, in turn, was created by demolishing everything on that block except the flatiron building ... ). The little park became quite a gathering place, for instance, during the recent nine hour performances of Lipsynch, and functioned as an extension of the communal aspect of theatre-going that's normally contained by lobby and lounges. People met, chatted about the performance they were seeing, street people were drawn into the sudden rush of activity, and it became quite the performance space in and of itself.

Danforth & Broadview

Here's another perspective on the Danforth-Broadview intersection,
97 years later.

Attachments

• TN Danforth at Broadview 2 1912-2009.jpg
    TN Danforth at Broadview 2 1912-2009.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 413
I have to insert some friends into now pics, 'Waldo' style.. or, myself, Alfred Hitchcock style.:)

I like your "Waldo/Hitchcock" suggestion - here's my attempt.

Attachments

• TN King Bay by Mustapha.jpg
    TN King Bay by Mustapha.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 389
Here's another perspective on the Danforth-Broadview intersection,
97 years later.

I seem to recall a pretty bad fire in the building on the S/E corner about 10 years ago, thankfully it wasn't lost.

Bay and Front

There's a nice photo in the Summer 2009 edition of the Ryerson alumni magazine of Bay and Front looking north to Queen in 1971.

I don't have the resources to scan and post it, but it would be nice to see that photo here with a "now" version.

Goldie,

Better late than never, the GE Davenport works as they are now. Attached are two views that are my approximation of the original location. If I've got it right, the original was taken standing on Davenport which is no longer possible given the houses on the SE corner.

Attachments

• GEDavenport.jpg
    GEDavenport.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 325
  • GEDavenport2.jpg
    GEDavenport2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

Back