News   Jul 25, 2024
 394     0 

Michael Jackson R.I.P.

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
Michael Jackson dead: TMZ

Reports say pop superstar not breathing when paramedics responded to 911 call

Pop superstar Michael Jackson is dead, the web site TMZ is reporting.

The Los Angeles Times and other news outlets are reporting that Jackson was taken to a Los Angeles hospital after suffering a heart attack.

Jackson was given CPR by paramedics in the ambulance that responded to the medical emergency, TMZ reported.

The ambulance responded after receiving a 911 call just after noon at Jackson's Holmby Hills home in L.A.

Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson's father, told an online new service that the family has been informed that the singing star was taken to hospital.

"I am in Las Vegas but, yes, people in Los Angeles called me and are with Michael and tell me he was taken to the hospital," Joe Jackson told E! News. "His mother is on her way to the hospital now to check in on him.

"I am not sure what's wrong. I am waiting to hear back from her."

The Los Angeles Times posted a note on its website saying that Jackson was not breathing when the L.A. Fire Department arrived.

Capt. Steve Ruda said paramedics responded to a call at Jackson's home around 12:26 p.m. He was not breathing when they arrived. The parademics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Centre, Ruda told the Times.

The news comes as Jackson was attempting a comeback after years of tabloid headlines, most notably his trial and acquittal on child molestation charges.

In May, the Times reported that Jackson was living in a Bel-Air mansion and rehearsing for a series of 50 sold-out shows in London's O2 Arena.

Jackson had won the backing of two billionaires to get the so-called "King of Pop" back on stage.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/656755

Michael Jackson Has Died

Michael Jackson has died as Reported on the Drudge Report at 5:50pm and CNN at 6:25pm. The Los Angeles Times has also confirmed his passing.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.latimes.com/

Farrah and Michael in the same day, wow.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Source

Last edited:
I am not a Michael Jackson fan, but it is sad that anyone that talented ends up wasting their talent (and lives) through self-destructive tendencies.

This is one of those "do you know where you were when...?" days.

I was never much of a fan except in the early 80's with Thriller but I followed his bizarre antics with interest in the past 10 or 15 years. That said, this will indeed rank up there with "where were you when Elvis died" and "where were you when Lennon was shot". I remember each very well and I'll certainly remember this moment in time as vividly.

This is a very sad day. He was a good guy, who cared so much and had a big heart.
His music was amazing, and he was a huge part of my life growing up as a kid.
I remember loving the video Thriller, but being scared to death by it also. They would play it on Video Hits as I was getting ready to go out to trick or treat as a kid, and it was tradition to watch it.
He will never be forgotten. RIP.

Last edited:
The only winner out of all this is South Carolina Governor Sanford.

Larry King will be preoccupied the next four weeks.

Back