News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

To my eyes, the IBC makes a case that best option in terms of ridership (for that fairly fixed investment value) is to run intensive service to St Catharines and then have a connecting shuttle bus to Niagara Falls. That would no doubt lead to whines from Niagara Fallians about being second class citizens. So ML just retreated from the whole issue and is happy with stopping at Confederation? That abdicates service to a huge number of people west of the Seaway. A case of politics overriding good business sense IMHO.
These business cases always annoy me for this reason. It feels like Metrolinx first decides what they want to do, and then justifies it by comparing it to flawed options. "Option 3" does seem like it would be the best but it's weighed down by the requirement for hourly all-day service to Niagara Falls. At the very least, building up to "Option 2" does not preclude incrementally extending more service just to St. Catharines.

Another town hall announced. This time in Scarborough.

Join us in Toronto
A friendly note that we’re bringing the Metrolinx Town Hall series to Toronto! Join CEO Phil Verster and our Senior Management Team in-person or online on December 5, at 7PM. Metrolinx Town Halls are an opportunity for communities to ask our leadership about services, transit planning or anything else.

Our last four events focused on the Region of Waterloo, the Region of Durham, the Region of York and the Region of Peel. View the event video and see all questions answered during past events here.

Please feel free to share this notice with your residents, members, and fellow stakeholders, or post to your respective content channels.

Date:
December 5, 2019 - 7:00PM to 8:30PM

150 Borough Dr.
Scarborough, ON
M1P 4N7

Anyone seen the new design of the digital signs at Union? I'll try to snap a photo at lunch time if nobody beats me. Spoiler alert: no more green and white, but rather all grey and difficult to read.

^I'm going to take a guess and say that they're just as bad as the orange dot-matrix styled signs that were already at Union?

My mistake, I thought you were referring to the new running style display boards at platform level.

20191210_122532.jpg

Well they seperated each departure line so it's a lot more legible, so i've got to give them big time credit on that.

^I'm going to take a guess and say that they're just as bad as the orange dot-matrix styled signs that were already at Union?
The current screens will be replace with new ones that shows the black and white a lot better than now at Union. Have seen screens that are very new and it shows the schedule a lot cleaner than the old style.

You don’t suppose they could colour code by route? Takes a lot of careful scanning to find the routeyou are looking for.

- Paul
No. From stuff I have received from GO, it was mainly going to be Black and White. It has to do with the visual impair people.

Back