401     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 603     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

Crossposted from the Northland thread.

Metrolinx and Ontario Northland are partnering. News release:

Schedule from the release:

2OjJutf

What's the point of this? These buses are already running to/from Toronto and they're 30 minutes faster than the train - the northbound bus leaves the coach terminal at 6 pm, and the southbound bus gets to the coach terminal at 9:45. There's a few other buses to/from those cities too.

RFI-2018-STPA-027:For Transportation Networking Company and Taxi Partnership

Metrolinx is accepting Requests for Information (RFI) for Transportation Networking Company and Taxi Promotional Partnership - Potential Partner Benefits and Evaluation Framework... Metrolinx is seeking promotional partnership(s) with a Transportation Networking Company (“TNC”) and/or taxi service for GO Transit. The objective of the promotional partnership is to increase ridership and decrease utilization of personal vehicle trips. We are committed to working together to create a partnership that will meet shared objectives, increase market share for our partners and provide a positive customer experience.

So an Uber style last mile solution?

Here's an idea Metrolinx, instead of building stations in the middle of nowhere which incentivizes people to take use cars as a last mile solution, build/relocate your stations to urban centres where people will actually walk, bus, bike, or use other methods asides from a car to reach a GO Station.

I dont even see this as a semi-effective solution at all.

Sure, but that does nothing for the existing user base living in suburbia. Sounds like a great plan to put cars back on the road.

I think someone did....but the number of people issuing communications on behalf of this orgnaization has been a bit mind boggling for a while now.

Look at twitter (for an example) search for Metrolinx then click "people" aside from all the other people issuing departmentally specific tweets you get these folks:

View attachment 148953

View attachment 148954

View attachment 148955

View attachment 148956

and soon:

View attachment 148957
If you thought the communications group could not get any better.....think again!

upload_2018-8-10_13-34-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-10_13-34-13.png
    upload_2018-8-10_13-34-13.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 340
This is one department I wish Doug Ford would cut. I get they need comms people but they are hiring them by the dozen. As I said before I have no problem keeping Anne Marie as she has paid her dues but they DO NOT need to hire as many people as they have. It is a waste of money.

This is one department I wish Doug Ford would cut. I get they need comms people but they are hiring them by the dozen. As I said before I have no problem keeping Anne Marie as she has paid her dues but they DO NOT need to hire as many people as they have. It is a waste of money.
I'd think they'd having to ramp up, just to communicate with Doug Ford - especially given reports of his low-level of reading comprehension.

[QUOTE=" they DO NOT need to hire as many people as they have. It is a waste of money.[/QUOTE]

Except that you are forgetting that Metrolinx excels at wasting money so they need more people to try to convince the public that they are not wasting as much money as everyone thinks they are.

I'd think they'd having to ramp up, just to communicate with Doug Ford - especially given reports of his low-level of reading comprehension.

I'd like to think they're ramping up to manage RER and LRT construction communications; meaning construction of most of it is still the intended course of action.

Such a media hiring blitz means Metrolinx is probably up to something very major -- if it protects electrification then maybe justified.

But it is expensive and potentially a waste if not utilized in a tax efficient way.

However, there is a time when a powerful media squad is extremely needed. (But for what? To be revealed...)

Such a powerful media group.

I'm curious of their plan.

Use the force, Luke. Use the force...

Back