News   May 25, 2020
 473     0 
News   May 25, 2020
 3.5K     0 

Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I honestly wish the LRTs and Subways were colored based on their line color. It would be so vibrant! but you know toronto... always gloomy. But finch would be grey anyway
I can understand their subways being the same clour due to the fact that they can use them on all lines so having them be different clours could be problematic. However, I do agree that the LRT lines should have clour coded to the lines but I'm not a consultant that Metrolinx paid to tell them that grey is good clour because the subways are grey.

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
BUT the Metrolinx colour is black and white. The best they can give it is a touch of green. We all know ML hates the TTC so it won't be red. Heck the TTC logo didn't appear on any subway extension reports.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
^Trust me the decision on why the LRVs are grey has nothing to do with Metrolinx "hating" the TTC, or with their own colour brand. It's purely (and they said it themselves) because they want people to think that LRTs are in the same class of operations as subways. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Pretty much they had a Doug Ford style of mentality when they picked out that livery out from the sky.

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
^Trust me the decision on why the LRVs are grey has nothing to do with Metrolinx "hating" the TTC, or with their own colour brand. It's purely (and they said it themselves) because they want people to think that LRTs are in the same class of operations as subways. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Pretty much they had a Doug Ford style of mentality when they picked out that livery out from the sky.
Still think that's a load of horsecrap — The T1s had red doors, the G series trains were fully red, the H series had variable colored interiors. Color has always been a part of the subway until recently — Baren concrete walls, silver rolling stock, less and less tiling...

Rainforest

Member Bio
Reaction score
Whatever the reason is, using grey for on-street vehicles is outright dumb. Makes them less visible, and they look boring. Subways operate in a different environment. In a brighly lit platform, a subway train looks silver rather than grey.

That said, not a big deal. The rails and all infrastructure in place, the trains are running and carrying the passengers, repainting them a few years later will be an easy job if the public asks for that.

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
Whatever the reason is, using grey for on-street vehicles is outright dumb. Makes them less visible, and they look boring. Subways operate in a different environment. In a brighly lit platform, a subway train looks silver rather than grey.

That said, not a big deal. The rails and all infrastructure in place, the trains are running and carrying the passengers, repainting them a few years later will be an easy job if the public asks for that.
Exactly, if you want to attract people to the service, make it stand out.

anthiolaw

Member Bio
Reaction score
Exactly, if you want to attract people to the service, make it stand out.
I'm sure the LRVs will eventually be littered with ads anyways. Should that happen, whatever colour they are right now doesn't even matter that much. But I honestly still think there needs to be a touch of colour, grey is such a depressing colour.

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm sure the LRVs will eventually be littered with ads anyways. Should that happen, whatever colour they are right now doesn't even matter that much. But I honestly still think there needs to be a touch of colour, grey is such a depressing colour.
I wouldn't be so bitter about it if the stations themselves weren't as grey as London's sky.