378     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 956     1 

Metrolinx: Bloor-Lansdowne GO Station

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm genuinely not sure how to correctly title this thread (in that vein, we should probably get consistent about it, some have Metrolinx, others have GO, others have nothing...), but I wanted to put everything about this project in one place as it's currently all sitting in the vast GO Construction Projects thread.

Bloor-Lansdowne.jpg

GBzO4p2WUAAKBWM.jpeg

GBzOFBxWIAAlfh5.jpeg

GBzOGTYWIAEvaRZ.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 10.22.02.png

44101-130395.jpg

There is no justification at all for planning for blank concrete walls in the underpass; they will be taggers heaven and endlessly repainted, to particular effect.

Either plan for a mural; or use texture/forms of quality to discourage tagging.

Last edited:
Also, we are back to shelters, not full platform canopies.
The cheapening. Also surprising as Metrolinx has been building canopies at all of their new stations lately, even low-use stations like Old Elm up north of Stouffville have been getting them. I wonder if it was the city doing some cost cutting on that front. In fact, I almost guarantee it was the city..

The cheapening. Also surprising as Metrolinx has been building canopies at all of their new stations lately, even low-use stations like Old Elm up north of Stouffville have been getting them. I wonder if it was the city doing some cost cutting on that front. In fact, I almost guarantee it was the city..

i would also prefer canopy coverage; that said; Metrolinx is coming in with project cost inflation numbers on multiple projects that exceed what we are seeing in the private market.

Smart Track Stations is one of those project sets; so is the West Toronto Rail path which Mx is delivering.

Something is very wrong. Construction costs are up for everyone; but they're up more for Mx....... the answer is not 'VE'ing' the answer is figuring out what's going wrong in procurement/tendering and fixing it.

Back