News   Jul 15, 2024
 660     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 814     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 616     0 

Megabus Canada Service

I can't believe it's cheaper to New York than to Ottawa! Someone should do something about the Greyhound monopoly on that route.:mad:

Megabus has competition apparently, I was driving between Philadelphia and New York this weekend and saw tons of BoltBus service between the two.

https://www.boltbus.com/

Interestingly, BoltBus is a 50/50 partnership of Peter Pan and Greyhound USA. The parent of Greyhound, FirstGroup, is one of Stagecoach's (parent of Megabus) top competitors.

Greyhound Canada with Adirondack Trailways operates a similar service between New York and Toronto called NeOn. It is in competition with with Megabus's M24.

Hate Megabus and Coach Canada. No respect for their clients. No warranty for wifi, for being on time, for a driver, for a bus or even for a seat. Treat their clients like animals by overloading their buses. ALWAYS late, A L W A Y S. Service is garbage: no customer service, no manager on site except an innocent driver. Never again.

The company does not manage effectively its bookings in order to reserve enough seats for its clients. The company aimed to differentiate itself from Greyhound until they totally became the new Greyound in Canada. With no customer manager on site and a poor customer service, the company is often the victim of criticism from its clients. Service has becoming more and more late since the company decided to increase the number of daily bus trips between specific towns such as the Montreal-Toronto.

Megabus do not offer $1 fare between Montreal and Toronto, many clients have been complaining for fake advertising.

Wifi service and plugs often do not work on buses. Megabus lines are often late, especially over the week-ends. Overbooking is never anticipated by the company and sometimes patrons need to wait on line 20 to 60 minutes to get a second bus if the first is already full. No compensation is offered by Coach Canada nor Megabus. No customer service.

megaburst

I share with you my anger for Megabus and Coach Canada. Hate Megabus and Coach Canada. No respect for their clients. No warranty for wifi, for being on time, for a driver, for a bus or even for a seat. Treat their clients like animals by overloading their buses. ALWAYS late, A L W A Y S. Service is garbage: no customer service, no manager on site except an innocent driver. Never again.

The company does not manage effectively its bookings in order to reserve enough seats for its clients. The company aimed to differentiate itself from Greyhound until they totally became the new Greyound in Canada. With no customer manager on site and a poor customer service, the company is often the victim of criticism from its clients. Service has becoming more and more late since the company decided to increase the number of daily bus trips between specific towns such as the Montreal-Toronto.

Megabus do not offer $1 fare between Montreal and Toronto, many clients have been complaining for fake advertising.

Wifi service and plugs often do not work on buses. Megabus lines are often late, especially over the week-ends. Overbooking is never anticipated by the company and sometimes patrons need to wait on line 20 to 60 minutes to get a second bus if the first is already full. No compensation is offered by Coach Canada nor Megabus. No customer service.

If your intention was to reply to your own post using a second account to make it look like someone agreed with you, then you have failed.

If they're adding routes let's hope the drivers know the way, and are aware of height restrictions.

bus-syracuse-bridge.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you get what you pay for. In days of old. bus pricing was similar, but perhaps a bit cheaper than taking a train.

How did you think they were going to make it so cheap?

I guess you get what you pay for. In days of old. bus pricing was similar, but perhaps a bit cheaper than taking a train.

How did you think they were going to make it so cheap?

I've had the complete opposite experience with Megabus. I found it much more 'luxurious' than Greyhound and would definitely use it again. My bus was late, but only by 10 minutes. Once we got on the road, I realized why it had been late. Traffic in the city was madness. My outlet worked, and the free Wi-Fi seemed to be more reliable than Greyhound's. The bus was exceptionally clean, and the seats were comfortable. My bus was also not overloaded, and I had the seat next to me to sprawl out on.

I don't see Megabus as a competition to HSR (if we ever get it). HSR mostly caters to business travelers for whom speed and central city proximity is worth the added cost. In Europe, HSR is generally the most expensive way of getting between two cities, but it's also the fastest.

Our equivalent of "HSR" is Porter.

Back