News   May 03, 2024
 18     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 812     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 233     0 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

In my bus trip through the ward a couple of weekends ago, I saw barely any Shome sign presence that'd indicate he'd be Crawford's endorsee.

As for Sidiropoulos--well, hate to say it, but she was the most "white Euro-stock" of the viable candidates; and that, together w/the easterly Greek-Canadian imprint, probably meant something...

There were sign toppers put up for Shome recently indicating he had support from Gary. I believe they went up in the past couple of days.

As for Anna Sidiropoulos there was actually a significant greek community in the riding. Not major but still significant.

There were sign toppers put up for Shome recently indicating he had support from Gary. I believe they went up in the past couple of days.

As for Anna Sidiropoulos there was actually a significant greek community in the riding. Not major but still significant.
Thus my "easterly Greek-Canadian imprint" point. Greek/Balkan names go over well (still) along the Danforthian axis. But it's still noteworthy that she was not only "the Greek candidate", but the only viable "white" candidate as well--a real turnaround from, well, whiter-than-white Gary Crawford.

As for Shome--definitely too little, too late, too desperate; he was no Bailao in that light.

Thus my "easterly Greek-Canadian imprint" point. Greek/Balkan names go over well (still) along the Danforthian axis. But it's still noteworthy that she was not only "the Greek candidate", but the only viable "white" candidate as well--a real turnaround from, well, whiter-than-white Gary Crawford.

As for Shome--definitely too little, too late, too desperate; he was no Bailao in that light.

Yup. In the 90s you started to some east-ward migration of Toronto's Greek community from the Danforth to neighbourhoods like Clairlea, Wexford and Agincourt.

In my bus trip through the ward a couple of weekends ago, I saw barely any Shome sign presence that'd indicate he'd be Crawford's endorsee.

As for Sidiropoulos--well, hate to say it, but she was the most "white Euro-stock" of the viable candidates; and that, together w/the easterly Greek-Canadian imprint, probably meant something...
I actually know 3 people who voted for her because she's white. One guy I talked to was disgusted with all the brown people running. Another made a comment that they, meaning immigrants, infiltrate our political system. Ironically he is an immigrant himself.

As far as Parthi goes, last election he was the guy who could beat Crawford which is why he received a lot of votes. This time, people voted more for who they wanted to win.

I actually know 3 people who voted for her because she's white. One guy I talked to was disgusted with all the brown people running. Another made a comment that they, meaning immigrants, infiltrate our political system. Ironically he is an immigrant himself.

As far as Parthi goes, last election he was the guy who could beat Crawford which is why he received a lot of votes. This time, people voted more for who they wanted to win.

As I said, Parthi may have an South Asian name but he is Canadian born and loves what he does.

I am just grateful Alamgir did not pull it off. During his failed Federal NDP run he used to ask people to "rub his head for luck" when he went to the doors. There was also a bit of an issue with the financial audit after the election.

My understanding is that there may have been a number of cash donations made that he or others would write the cheques for (making it seem legit). Those claims however are rumours I heard from members of the NDP riding association at the time.

We have often noted that Sanscon appear to have far more 'project problems' than many/most other contractors. This bid sheet (for a contact being awarded next week) shows why they keep getting contracts.

1701445166426.png

We have often noted that Sanscon appear to have far more 'project problems' than many/most other contractors. This bid sheet (for a contact being awarded next week) shows why they keep getting contracts.

View attachment 524170

Its easy to under-bid your competitors when you have no compunction about doing the job improperly, late and leaving the project entirely incomplete at the end and knowing that will not impede your ability to win the next one.,

I can bid now using this formula to build a new tower that everyone knows will cost 250M to put up; I can win the contract by bidding 220M wherein I have no intention of actually completing the fit-out, installing the spec'ed glazing, doing any of the landscaping, or testing the elevators.

Of course, if I did that, any developer would sue me into the ground and I would be blacklisted in the industry in a heartbeat. '

Funny how that never happens to Sanscon.

Declare the 2023 occupancy status of your residential property. The deadline to declare is February 29, 2024.

https://www.toronto.ca/services-payments/property-taxes-utilities/vacant-home-tax/

Click on above link to submit declaration online.

Have the following ready to complete your declaration:

• Assessment Roll Number, found on your property tax statement
  • Customer Number, found on your property tax statement
  • If applicable, documents required to show your Vacant Home Tax Exemption

The City of Toronto is accelerating some work to install streetcar tracks on Adelaide Street, which will require a full intersection closure of Adelaide Street West and Bay Street.

The intersection of Adelaide Street West and Bay Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 7 a.m. on December 11 until 7 a.m. on December 16.

During the full road closure:​

• No through traffic will be allowed at the intersection of Adelaide Street West and Bay Street
  • Two-way local traffic loops will be set up
  • Cyclists will have to dismount through the intersection
1701464815510.png

Yes, and Olivia seemed to say she was going to look at them in due course, of course cars should not drive on the sidewalk. (That photo is from January 2023, it does happen but is really not too common)
You're sure?
Oh, the 4-way flashers are on, so it must be OK.

Back