News   Apr 16, 2024
 77     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 328     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 687     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

He did "endorse" Doug with the same smarmy tone.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Vince Crisanti tells me he quit Toronto Hydro board & CNE Association board so he could focus on his deputy mayor responsibilities #TOpoli

FYI

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 37s38 seconds ago
Vincent Crisanti describes his workload as heavy. For a city councillor, I'd call it light-to-average: http://bit.ly/1xXD0DK

Last edited:
Imagine this scenario, you're patiently waiting in your office for an urgent package and you get a notification that the truck which contained your urgent package, got towed away because they illegally parked. I think we need to think about practicality here, if they have nowhere to park, where exactly do they park? Most of the buildings they're delivering to don't even have loading docks, bad judgement call in my opinion.

Imagine this scenario, you're patiently waiting in your office for an urgent package and you get a notification that the truck which contained your urgent package, got towed away because they illegally parked. I think we need to think about practicality here, if they have nowhere to park, where exactly do they park? Most of the buildings they're delivering to don't even have loading docks, bad judgement call in my opinion.
Green P?

Though if my courier company kept getting towed, I'd be finding a new courier company. The problem will resolve itself.

Imagine this scenario, you're patiently waiting in your office for an urgent package and you get a notification that the truck which contained your urgent package, got towed away because they illegally parked.

Too bad.
Someone waiting "urgently" isn't of importance to anyone but that person.
Next time use a service that won't break the law to deliver your package.

Tend to agree - it is up to the sector to come up with innovative solutions to this issue.

This was my point earlier. This needs to be a two-pronged consideration of the clients ordering deliveries, and the building owners. Government shouldn't assume the burden of this problem, the private sector needs to determine for itself what it needs to do.

The only reason this became a problem in the first place is because we got lazy in enforcing the protection of the public right-of-way. Unless you talk to RoFo, he says we've always been doing that.

Yeah, then I'm on the phone asking that particular company why the f*ck my package isn't here yet and why they can't adapt to realities in which they operate and how I'm taking my business elsewhere and, depending on the package, back charging them for any financial losses incurred by me.

God, what's with these lame excuses for these chumps? I have to adapt in my field, so can they. Why do they need to deliver to central areas with the biggest vehicles they use? They don't. ...for one example of their shitty business practices.

I imagine if that happened, you would probably never hire that courier again, and would switch to a courier that doesn't get towed.

Why not make deliveries and pick up by bike as they do in London, NYC and many other congested cities?

What urgent packages are delivered by truck? Any Fed-Ex or UPS truck delivery that has ever delivered me a package has a "delivery-window" time. i.e. truck is out for delivery.

Any urgent package is delivered by Bike Courier.

IMO - the above situation is a non problem. Companies , like Canada Post already did, can and will adapt. As someone mentioned upstream - if a dinosaur like Canada Post can adapt you can too!

Also - I thought Preville's article on this (which I don't see linked to in this thread) was good.
http://www.torontolife.com/informer...king-crackdown-will-change-way-toronto-works/

Yeah, then I'm on the phone asking that particular company why the f*ck my package isn't here yet and why they can't adapt to realities in which they operate and how I'm taking my business elsewhere and, depending on the package, back charging them for any financial losses incurred by me.

God, what's with these lame excuses for these chumps? I have to adapt in my field, so can they. Why do they need to deliver to central areas with the biggest vehicles they use? They don't. ...for one example of their shitty business practices.

Gotta love how the rump of Ford Nation is out there on Twitter, news forums, etc., foaming at the mouth at the idea of existing laws being enforced! Oh, but those poor delivery people ... they work so hard ... why are they being harassed? Doesn't Tory know how much car drivers like having their way obstructed by step vans?

Gotta love how the rump of Ford Nation is out there on Twitter, news forums, etc., foaming at the mouth at the idea of existing laws being enforced! Oh, but those poor delivery people ... they work so hard ... why are they being harassed? Doesn't Tory know how much car drivers like having their way obstructed by step vans?

Actually this could be a bit of a wedge issue within FN and let it rip itself to pieces. Diabolical.

AoD

Actually this could be a bit of a wedge issue within FN and let it rip itself to pieces. Diabolical.

AoD

Right? I'm telling you, Tory isn't exactly stupid.

In any case, the most important time-sensitive package that I ever deal with is my arse getting to my home from work in a reasonable amount of time. It's working out for me thus far.

Last edited:
And likewise, for the most time-sensitive packages downtown, someone will physically get their arse from origin to destination on foot, bicycle or transit. That's why businesses locate downtown - to be close to other businesses with whom they interact.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 6m6 minutes ago
Mayor Tory set to give opening address at Going Global conference. Also here are US Ambassador to Canada and managing director of Google

Just imagine if Thug was in that role.

David C. Hall ‏@djdavehall 10s10 seconds ago
@johntoryTO I doubted you John (big Ford supporter) but, you are doing great. Keep going brother.

It is very nice to see this!

Last edited:

Back