News   Mar 28, 2024
 15     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 530     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 341     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Past political performances are important to pay attention to, they shouldn’t be irrelevant. If people had been paying attention, they would have known what a buffoon Ford was. Same with Trump. It sets my teeth on edge when people vote based on a catchy slogan or sound bite and then act all surprised when the candidate acts just like he always has.

Thing is Rob Ford 's Brother still would do pretty well in an election.

Doug Ford got like 30% of the vote which be honest considering how crap went down, was a bit suprising.

Doug Ford got like 30% of the vote which be honest considering how crap went down, was a bit suprising.
No, it was SAD. Anyone who had been paying ANY attention for the past x years knew he was an idiot. People may not have expected him to be SO bad but the fact that he was a penny-pincher with absolutely no vision or even any sense should not have been a surprise.

You know how DoFo boasted that he got 30% on X weeks of campaigning and only needed a few more to win? It would have been the opposite. The more people get to know him the less likeable he is.

Last edited:
I think you guys are discounting the vast number of people who were paying more than enough attention and still went in (and would again) with the Ford rubbish. I'm sorry I have to say this but a good 25%* of the electorate in this town are bloody self-defeating idiots.
They will wilfully ignore any impropriety as long as they think they are being led to a place that serves their self-interest.
You heard it all over the place: "Yeah, but they're saving us money", etc.

Due to technological and social advances it's no longer just the fittest who survive. Any half-wit can easily make it to retirement and beyond these days.

* I have made this number up, but it can't be far off.

I think you guys are discounting the vast number of people who were paying more than enough attention and still went in (and would again) with the Ford rubbish. I'm sorry I have to say this but a good 25%* of the electorate in this town are bloody self-defeating idiots.
They will wilfully ignore any impropriety as long as they think they are being led to a place that serves their self-interest.
You heard it all over the place: "Yeah, but they're saving us money", etc.
Due to technological and social advances it's no longer just the fittest who survive. Any half-wit can easily make it to retirement and beyond these days.
* I have made this number up, but it can't be far off.

*30% is his floor, though also likely his ceiling. Interestingly, that's also similar to Trump's approval rating.

AoD

I was trying to be generous so as not to come off as overly mean.

Maybe 5% are not even aware of what they are doing at any given moment in time.

Wait a minute....what are we looking at here? 30% of North American voters are self-damaging fools?

I was trying to be generous so as not to come off as overly mean.

Maybe 5% are not even aware of what they are doing at any given moment in time.

Wait a minute....what are we looking at here? 30% of North American voters are self-damaging fools?
No, 30% of Toronto voters are self-damaging fools.

No, 30% of Toronto voters are self-damaging fools.

49.9% of the population is of below-average intelligence.

I think you could apply 30% (or more) to North America, and indeed the world, at large.

Worth noting at this juncture is that many folks w/high IQ make plenty of dumb decisions, both personal and political.

Raw intelligence is useful, as is being knowledgeable; but the absence of wisdom, foresight and empathy/compassion can be every bit as harmful to wise judgement for any society.

Last edited:

Back