News   Apr 18, 2024
 212     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 535     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

John Tory hits new low; suggests that Scarborough Subway opponents are racist:

"But many of the subway’s loudest critics do not live or work in Scarborough, where more than half the population is born outside of Canada. When
they say this is too much to spend on a subway, the inference seems to be that it’s too much to spend on this part of the city."

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/com...support-the-scarborough-subway-john-tory.html

I don't appreciate that suggestion. Guess what I am not about to throw 3 billion around to prove that I am not.

"But many of the subway’s loudest critics do not live or work in Scarborough, where more than half the population is born outside of Canada. When
they say this is too much to spend on a subway, the inference seems to be that it’s too much to spend on this part of the city."

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/com...support-the-scarborough-subway-john-tory.html

John Tory is running out of dumb excuses to keep propping up this vanity subway project. There's a lot more that I should say, but @pstogios will probably come out and say that I'm being negative again, as if I'm the only one rightfully condemning his pathetic leadership on so many files. Brace yourself for some huge efficiencies budget cuts next year. I promise you will be hearing a lot more from me soon.

By the way, what about all the people of Rexdale (including immigrants!) that are left out of your Dumb Track plan? Why does it turn west towards a bunch of rich white neighbourhoods and suburban development sites. Tory, do you hate Etobicoke north? Is it fair if I call you a racist?

Not that any of this matters. His little SmartTrack dream is dead and this is all that's left of it.

hqdefault.jpg

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
John Tory is running out of dumb excuses to keep propping up this vanity subway project. There's a lot more that I should say, but @pstogios will probably come out and say that I'm being negative again, as if I'm the only one rightfully condemning his pathetic leadership on so many files. Brace yourself for some huge efficiencies budget cuts next year. I promise you will be hearing a lot more from me soon.

On the bight side, this editorial might be an indication of increasing concern from Tory on the political viability of his transit plans. I know there's a coalition of Councillors forming to halt his plans, which they view as wasteful, though I'm not sure who's involved or what their specific plans are.

Back