News   Apr 25, 2024
 88     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Denzil Minnan-Wong will not be running for re-election.

DMW is close buddies with Ford, and recruited him to run for the PCs in Don Valley East in 2018 (he lost). I wouldn't be surprised if there is a cushy agency or crown corporation job waiting for him.

Good bye dinosaur, you won't be missed.
I know quotes taken out of context look bad but this gives me the old man screams at cloud vibe.
We were able to identify wasteful spending like the purchase of $12,000 umbrellas at the Waterfront. And we stopped Google from taking over Toronto’s Waterfront.

I stood up to save the Gardiner Expressway, develop the City’s first congestion management plan, implement the first separated bike lanes in the south downtown, and save the Bixi bike program. As a TTC Commissioner I played a leadership role in the introduction of electric buses to the TTC fleet.
In this regard, I remain a proud and unapologetic defender of property owners' rights.
Graffiti is out of hand.
Rooming houses and transitional housing projects should not be allowed into residential neighbourhoods without proper, thorough, and authentic consultation.

Dmw being grilled on CBC metro morning on his stance on keeping property taxes low , rooming houses and being pro ownership.
His do over vote if he had a chance, the Uber Vote.

I note that there is no Report on the Council Agenda for July from Staff on the removal of the Harbour Rail line etc. This came up several months ago when a Staff Report said that the industry in the area had been consulted and they (or some of them) denied it. Of course, Metrolinx have said it can no longer be connected to its network so I am not sure how it could be kept but ... Keeping it clearly impacts the Gardiner and QQ E work. See http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.EX32.3 Staff were told to sort it out and report next week. Late Agenda item or ???

I'm not saying there's anything wrong w/this per se; but the headline of this City of Toronto press release made me laugh:

1658161246591.png

There is a survey that comes with this; of course, whether you like it or not!

As Mrs. Slocombe might have said, we can still free our pussies.

From that article:
"The amendments also now prohibit the feeding of wildlife in Toronto as of April 1, with the exceptions of feeding birds using birdfeeders. Prior to this, feeding wildlife was only prohibited in Toronto parks."

Please tell me this will stop what I would call "aggressive pigeon feeders." There's one guy in the downtown east who goes around each weekend with the equivalent of something like twenty loaves of cubed bread in a big plastic bag--I don't where he gets all of it--and then picks a spot and starts throwing it everywhere, pulling in something like 250 pigeons that somehow never seem to eat up all of it, so much still sits there for hours or days later. He's usually in the Parliament and Shuter/Dundas area, but I've seen him wander a few blocks from there in all directions over the past few years.

Last edited:
From that article:
"The amendments also now prohibit the feeding of wildlife in Toronto as of April 1, with the exceptions of feeding birds using birdfeeders. Prior to this, feeding wildlife was only prohibited in Toronto parks."

Please tell me this will stop what I would call "aggressive pigeon feeders." There's one guy in the downtown east who goes around each weekend with the equivalent of something like twenty loaves of cubed bread in a big plastic bag--I don't where he gets all of it--and then picks a spot and starts throwing it everywhere, pulling in something like 250 pigeons that somehow never seem to eat up all of it, so much still sits there for hours or days later. He's usually in the Parliament and Shuter/Dundas area, but I've seen him wander a few blocks from there in all directions over the past few years.
I’ve seen him too. I give a secret snerk when the hawks and falcons now residing atop Regent Park swoop down to kill one of his dough filled pigeons.

From that article:

Looks like somebody tried to solve this problem the wrong way:

Back